Just when you think...

M

ML

((((((((((Abby))))))))))))))) My heart goes out to your niece, your daughter and to the grief that everyone will go through. Thinking of you today ML

trinityroyal

Abbey, I'm so sorry that you're having to deal with all of this right now.
Saying prayers for your niece, your daughter and her roommate's family.

(As for the laundry, can you haul it over to father in law/mother in law's house and do it in their machines? Or is there a laundrette nearby?)

Abbey

Spork Queen
Yes, I knew her, but not that well. She was living with daughter.

Daughter called me about 3 weeks ago and said her roomates eyes were totally yellow. Well, I've been down this path so told her to immediately take her to the hospital. We talked daily about what to tell the doctor. It's rare, so proper care can come too late. She apparently went through liver failure, then kidney.

She's with the family today. I wish I could be there for her.

Abbey

Star*

call 911........call 911
Abbey,

I think at this point I'd leave what little laundry I did have in a basket on your mother in law's porch with a note. I've done the Krappy washer/dryer thing for years - DF finally understood why I kiss my appliances on a weekly basis....just a little peck to let them (and him) know how much I appreciate them.

I feel for your neice. I'm sure this was not an easy decision to make. Former friends of ours had two babies like that - and became non-friends when they continued for a third. We suspect she may have had Munchausens by proxy now, but it's an awful thing for a child to have to try to live with and I belive worse on the parents and family. God speed to the little angel.

Missing the bus? Okay - time for you to call the OTA and get a map. And a highlighter. And a roll of quarters.....and a fanny pack.....

I'm so sorry to hear things are not any better - I had thought when I heard DRY WALL life would get easier - not harder. Hugs my friend.

:whiteflag:Raise the flag maybe the Gods will see it. (And if you make it to SC what a flippin road trip back North THAT would be) I've never been kicked off a Greyhound, but there is a first time for NO POOTIE dang it how does she constantly wrap her toes in my mouse cord.....aarrrrgh for everything.

Random echos. ;)

Abbey

Spork Queen
Sorry, Loth. I didn't completely answer your question. It's auto-immune Hepatitus. I apologize if I'm repeating myself at this point.

When you have any kind of auto-immune disorder...no matter what organ, your body has decided that it is failing and it tries to react by killing it. Well, that doesn't work so well. Very simple things can trigger it.

The problem with auto-immune Hepatitus is that it takes 10 days to get the first results. Most docs think it's just Hep a/because...whatever. But when it comes back negative, they do a second test, hence another 10 days, maybe a 3rd test. In the meantime, you are rapidly failing. Thirty days is generally the earmark.

So when my daughter called me and told me the symptoms I just cried and frantically asked her to speak with her friend's family, etc. It's just one of those medical things that is not well known. They eventually 'get it', but unfortunately getting it is too late, as with this girl.

Very sad.

Abbey