Just wrapped up a nice chat with our friendly neighborhood police...

gcvmom

Here we go again!
I invited four squad cars and captain to my neighbor's party because 150-ish people (I stopped counting after #97) just didn't seem like enough on a Sunday at midnight. Oh, and the music from 5 doors down was vibrating my walls. Cool, huh? They ran out of party favors so everyone decided to leave. Bummer.

Seriously, though, this is the same house where I suspected drugs were being sold. The police confirmed that the 20-something kid who lives there is on probation, has been arrested several times, and has indeed been watched for drug sales out of the house. Apparently his dad passed away a few years ago and so now he lives there with a roommate.

The police said the people running the party were selling alcohol (cash box was empty but all the plastic shot glasses were still there) and probably "other" stuff, and no doubt many of the people there were under age. But the sheer numbers of people prevented them from really doing much other than shut the party down. They encouraged us to continue to call on ANY suspicious activity, no matter what.

After the masses left, a few of the "organizers" were talking to the police outside my house and I heard them being told that if the police were called back again tonight, people would go to jail.

Sigh... this is usually a very quiet neighborhood.

Wiped Out

Staff member
I'm sorry you are having to deal with this. I'm glad you called the police and they were so helpful!

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Amazing. A little snooping around on FB (amazing what you can learn about people who aren't very smart) and I found pictures one of the "organizers" posted this morning -- 99 in all. The party house "host" is in a few of them. There's a quite a few underage-looking people milling around. There was a dj, video crew, a sign on the "bar" with prices, drug paraphernalia on a coffee table with the DJ and one of the "organizers". They are bragging this morning that it was the "party of the year.":rolleyes:

donna723

That just goes to show how dumb they really are! First they do it ... then they post pictures on the internet of themselves doing it! Reeeeally smart! Did the 'host" post pictures of all the police cars too? I hope you do pass the pictures along to the police! I'm sure they would be glad to have it all handed to to them like that! How stupid!

I have a city-owned parking lot right next to my house and it's turned into the favorite party spot and drinking place for the local teenagers. And I've turned in to the mean old lady who calls the police every time it gets out of hand over there. I'm tired of picking up beer bottles and garbage from my yard, and having to listen to 'music' that rattles the glass in my windows! I got a real giggle the other day, and I didn't even call them this time! There was a kid and a deputy and the deputy was standing there while the kid poured beer after beer out in the parking lot - dozens of them! Then he hauled him off in the police car! Then an hour or so later, a seriously angry looking dad-type came and retrieved the kids little truck that was left there!

:cigarsmoker:

Last edited:

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Well, the morons are not as stupid as they look... they deleted the contraband pictures a few hours later today. If that party last night didn't get this goon on everyone's radar, nothing will, lol. You can be sure the next peep we hear from his place, I won't be the only one picking up the phone to call. I've got two or three other neighbors who are hot to trot and itching to get him busted again.

donna723

If you go on that kids Facebook page again and check out some of his "Friends", I'll bet some of them have copied those pictures over to their own Facebook pages.

Last edited:

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Donna, of those who have left their wall "exposed" I've tried checking. Some of the photos from the party are there, but the legally incriminating ones are gone as far as I can see. I guess I should have made a copy for myself!

mstang67chic

Going Green
Oh yeah....next time "steal" them. If you put them on YOUR page, it will show whose album they came from. Example....if I post a picture on my page somewhere and you copy it, it will still say "from Stang's album" or something along that line. Plus, you don't have to put the picture on your wall. You can always make an album labled "pictures to get neighbor busted", set it as totally private and stick all of the contraband pics there till you can get them to the police.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
So, if I copy their album to my page, the pics stay there, even if they are deleted on the originating page?

Star*

call 911........call 911
(getting out note pad and pen) uh......where was this party again?

I'm going to charge a cover at the end of your road........and advise them to stop at YOUR house for some "counseling" then they'll have to pay you to GET OUT. -----that should cover some health insurance for both of us huh?

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Ha! Good idea :D

Something else the cops SHOULD have done was to write a parking ticket for each and every vehicle visiting the party, since you are REQUIRED to have a PERMIT to park on our street and none of those cars obviously had a permit. And they certainly did not have guest permits because his party was illegal because of the sheer size. If there were 100 cars, that would have been a hefty little chunk of revenue for the city, lol!

Star*

call 911........call 911
I thought about this today - Remeber the RAID Commercials for roach motel?

BUGS get in.....
But they don't get out......

susiestar

Roll With It
Why is it that the consequences for parties like this are so minimal? Parking violations, fire code violations, noise ordinance violations, underage drinking, drinking and driving (ALWAYS happens at this type of party with at least a couple of people), and many other things could be cited. Not to mention that searching the partiers and the premises would turn up marijuana and other drugs most of the time.

Sure seems like a fair bit of revenue could be earned if the cops would spend a bit of time there writing citations. It would also be an actual deterrent and would create much goodwill for the police from neighbors of the party house. Some of the fines for those behaviors are fairly expensive, at least everywhere I have lived. I wish the cops were a little more willing to be sticklers in situations like this.

The neighbors who are "hot to trot" to get the host arrested will lose their enthusiasm in a couple of weeks. Keep calling over any issues at all. It will likely take almost as many reports to get anything significant done as it takes us to get the courts to do anything about our difficult children who break the laws.

TerryJ2

Just what you need.
Glad you called the cops.
Ah, Facebook. And idiots who post pictures. They don't get it. :smug: