Kanga accepted

JJJ

Kanga has been accepted at the new Residential Treatment Center (RTC)!!!!!!!

Now I have to coordinate the move which will involve a minimum of 7 people + Kanga.

slsh

member since 1999
So very relieved to hear this, JJJ. I hope that the new folks will be able to prepare Kanga as much as possible for 18 and beyond.

H

HaoZi

Congrats! That's a lot to coordinate for a move, hope everyone stays on top of things.

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
I don't want to sound flippant ~ was there really any doubt here, JJJ? I'm so glad to hear & you're now a pro at this the move will be a breeze.

Big (((HUGS))))

busywend

Awesome! Congrats! I feel it. This place will have more of a positive influence on her. She is going to learn some things here.

JJJ

Thanks all! I've got 3 of us set for 3 different days next week -- now I just need the 2 RTCs to be able to coordinate driving her halfway each!!

JJJ

Ggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr......current Residential Treatment Center (RTC) will not help with the move. Now I have to wait until her case manager is back in the office on Monday to hire someone to move her.

Meanwhile Kanga is being a total pill (I'm cutting her a little slack as I know it is scary to move someplace so far away and know that you will be starting over again, knowing no one). But she had completely convinced herself that she gets to decide that on her 17th birthday, she gets to move to the TLP and get a cell phone and do whatever she wants. She is going to be enraged when it finally sinks in that she doesn't get to make that fiat. She isn't even eligible to move to the TLP until April 2012.

Because she thinks that our rules 'expire' in a few months, she wants to keep in touch with her 'boyfriend' since she will be calling him all the time on her cell phone soon. @@