Kanga, again

JJJ

Kanga ended up in a restraint yesterday. She got irate at staff telling her to sit in a certain spot (there was something going on and staff was separating the girls so they could stop it). Then she attacked a staff member.

She has "earned" increasing time in the community which has caused her anxiety and hallucinations are through the roof. Gee, I told them she wasn't capable of living in a community but they insisted she'd earned a chance. She is lucky that her outburst happened at the Residential Treatment Center (RTC) and not on one of her public outings which would have resulted in her arrest.

So glad that our govener is eliminating long term mental health residential centers for adults. Course, the state is going to end up housing her one way or another.

H

HaoZi

Glad they saw this is a safe setting and got it handled. Any word on her grant yet?

Wiped Out

Staff member
So glad that our govener is eliminating long term mental health residential centers for adults. Course, the state is going to end up housing her one way or another.

This is so true and so sad (not specifically Kanga but in general too).

JJJ

Glad they saw this is a safe setting and got it handled. Any word on her grant yet?

Not a word....but technically they do not have to "rule" until April. The last two years I heard very early so I'm checking the mailbox every day!

buddy

I forgot, how old is she? Do they have to call you each time there is a restraint? (just wondering how that works) Makes me so crazy that something that is preventable (that is, by listening to parents) is ignored because they are following a standard plan to "earn" things.... not that she should be shut away but heck, there has to be a way to do things more planned and follow her need for less exposure so stress can be reduced. She will pay in the long run for their rigidity to a program. bummer.

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
JJJ--

I'm just crossing my fingers that the funding comes through....it is scary that she is making so little progress!

BusynMember

How sad for her. How scary. Why do they insist on forcing the issue?

About the eliminating of long term care...very, very scary. I wish Kanga a safe place to stay.