Star*

call 911........call 911
Plan A sounds good -

So.....what is plan B?

Is THAT also written out?

Will that ALSO be shown to Kanga? It should not be.

Plan B is an emergency plan that you and husband work out so that if plan A goes sour and at what point it goes sour - WITHOUT QUESTION - you immediately go to plan B.

- Takes the guess work out of not having plan b, sitting around and going "Well now what do we do?" -

You've already decided the NOW what do we do - you act on it - and save yourself some headache, heartache, and possibly a physical attack.

WE HAD PLAN C with scenario D worked out with Dude and MAN am I ever glad. I was too stressed at the time to figure out anything past Plan A - after a while I figured out there can be more that happens than what I think is a pseudo/great day. So if Plan A goes south - (so to speak) what is plan B, if plan B "cant" happen have you talked now while it's calm without Kanga present as to what plan C would be?

Something to think about from someone who's been there one time too many.

AND ALL rules and consequences are written, posted and signed. They can be amended at family meetings, but ALL parties sign and date it. AND a copy of the rules and consequences are TAPED to KANGA'S wall -

Hugs
Star

klmno

JJJ, as I read more and understand the situation more I want to offer more support than I did before. I intially took this like a kid was raging, which can happen at my house at any time but I never feel my life is threatened. Also, I don't have young children here who need to be protected. You're doing the best you can to do what is in everyone's best interest- Good Luck- I hope it goes well- and

Happy New Year!

JJJ

Plan A: Kanga stays at psychiatric hospital for a few months until we can get her into an Residential Treatment Center (RTC)

Plan B: Kanga goes to therapeutic foster care pending Residential Treatment Center (RTC) placement

Plan C: Kanga comes home under our version of house arrest

Plan D: Kanga goes back to psychiatric hospital

Plan E: Kanga goes to jail

Am I missing any options?

I had a staffing with psychiatrist and therapist from hospital today. Prozac discontinued. Kanga still not expressing any remorse. Barely participating in activites at the psychiatric hospital. Starting to say she doesn't like it there. She is still blaming all of her poor choices on her brother. They are keeping her for at least another week

Day 13 and counting...

JJJ

Oh, good news is that a brain scan and neuropsychologist testing ordered and will be done this week!!

susiestar

Roll With It
JJJ,

I am so sorry. I know how horrible this all feels. We went through this for a long time.

Is it feasible to get personal alarms for the younger children to wear? Jessie had to wear one for quite a while as we waited for difficult child to be admitted to a psychiatric hospital. (the first time)

She even slept with it because he would sneak in at night.

Has CPS told you they may take the youngers if she is violent at home? We had horrible fits because 1st time they threatened to take all the kids because difficult child was violent and we were not protecting the youngers. WE DID NOT KNOW THE FULL EXTENT. You also may not. Horrible horrible thought, but it is true.

Please make sure the youngers have locks on their rooms they can operate.

I hate that you are going through this. I hope something gets through to Kanga.

Sending very gentle hugs.
susie