Kanga is getting discharged

JJJ

I knew the call was coming but it still felt like a punch in the gut. We have to go pick her up tomorrow.

husband is going to take off work and we are driving her out to the old psychiatric hospital for a PHP evaluation. Regardless of if they accept her, she will be going to a group home for 3 weeks.

After that, I don't know what we will do. I hope we can find alternate arrangements. The psychiatric hospital psychiatrist was helpful enough to say that if we are lucky Kanga will try and kill us again because 4 psychiatric hospital stays in less than 2 years is an even stronger argument than just 3. Gee thanks, let's just hope that this time she isn't successful.

crazymama30

I am sorry. This should be a day that comes when it is appropiate and is wanted, not be forced on you. Be careful and keep you and yours safe.

Jena

I wish i had some wise words as well, all i can say is i am so sorry that you have to go thru this.

((hugs))

Jen

klmno

Sorry to hear this, JJJ. Maybe you should asked for phone number of person responsible so you can call them whenever Kanga is delusional and asked them what they think you should do- you know- at 3:00 or 4:00 in the morning.

((((HUGS))))

Steely

:pouting:So, so sorry. I just cannot understand why they will not place her. This world needs an overhaul.
Sending much strength...........and many hugs.

Marguerite

I really wonder - maybe that report was worded that way to make it easier for them to do this?

Not acceptable, unless they can give you some assurances. I would be asking for something in writing, to give you an indication of what you should do in the event of a recurrence...

Or maybe ask them to put, in writing, their current assessment of her mental state and her needs.

Hang in there. This isn't fair on any of you, Kanga included.

Marg

daralex

Clinging onto my sanity
I'm SOOO sorry for the whole situation and the frustration/concern you're feeling! Why are people such ***holes??!!! Will keep you and Kanga in our thoughts.
-Dara

JJJ

Thank you all for the supportive thoughts and hugs. To add insult to injury, I hit a pothole on the way to work and shredded my tire.

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
JJJ,

Sorry I missed this - sorry to hear of the discharge.

God, I hate this system; for all of us. Especially for Kanga & you this morning.

Take this 3 weeks of group home & research. Heal, gather strength for whatever it is you & husband decide is the next move.

In the meantime, you have a group of :warrior: parents at your back; ready to listen, hold you up or whatever we can do to help you through this.

(When my back was against the wall like this for wm, a few years back I remember being this panicked - this scared. I also remember spending 4 days straight on the phone calling my way up the state social service/mental health care ladder demanding help for my son) . I had 3 phones going, home, my cell & husband's cell, plus email. I got a last minute reprieve with wm staying in the psychiatric hospital until a bed opened up at one of the best Reactive Attachment Disorder (RAD)/attachment Residential Treatment Center (RTC) facilities around.

I'm not sure if I have any notes left from those 4 days but or if they would even apply to your state but if I see anything that might help I'll pm you.

Big big ((((((hugs))))) this morning.

Like Timer Lady, I missed this and am very sorry.

OK, mustering up every bit of juju I have and sending it your way.

Oh, and it is fitting that you hit a pothole on the way to deal with the A-holes.

(((((((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

jannie

trying to survive....
Just checking in....I can't believe that she's getting discharged....How did things go today??