Kanga, Kanga, Kanga

jbrain

I am so impressed with you! Also, I want to say that reading your posts and the replies has been helpful to me regarding my difficult child 1. I will post at some point about the latest on her but even though your situation is very different somehow it has helped me.
Thanks,
Jane

JJJ

Jane -- I'm glad this thread can help you. I still watch Linda (Timerlady)'s threads as her kt seems to be prelude to my Kanga.

I spoke with psychiatric hospital therapist. Turns out she was one of the extra tdocs that went out to the Residential Treatment Center (RTC) when the other girl hung herself, so therapist has already met Kanga. She had been warned by Residential Treatment Center (RTC) that Kanga manipulates and the intake department told her that Kanga admitted that she'll lie if it gets her what she wants. She agreed with me that Kanga seemed to be playing the system. It will be interesting to see how this plays out...only drawback is she is with the psychiatrist that she snowed two years ago. Let's hope he's bought a clue since then. (Her regular Residential Treatment Center (RTC) psychiatrist returns from vacation next Monday so at most it is a week with this psychiatrist. He was very nice and did listen to the front-line therapist staff so I don't have a problem with his treatment of her just the ease at which she snowed him.)

JJJ

Kanga called last night with her "poor me, I'm in the hospital" routine. I told her that her poor choices and lack of responsibility got her there and if she didn't want to be there she would need to learn to do what she was told when she was told to do it. She was full of excuses and therapy-talk. I told her that I never said it would be easy, that I heard her therapist say all those things and she didn't mean that took the responsibility away from Kanga, just that we recognized that some things are harder for Kanga but she still must do them.

Staffing tomorrow...