Kanga "too dangerous" to come home

JJJ

That is the official ruling from PHP. They are going to try and help push everyone else along and get Residential Treatment Center (RTC) funding in place so she can be discharged from PHP to Residential Treatment Center (RTC) with no stop at home!!! They told me that we have govt funded mental health advocates and we qualify to have one assigned to her. This persons job is to make sure everyone else does their job in a timely manner.

One step forward...

(Needless to say the family session with a hostile, impaired-reality child was not fun, but they did see how sick she is.)

Star*

call 911........call 911
Do you ever find yourself "zoning" out when you're in a family session and Kanga starts her behavior?

Lord - I do. I think I found a peaceful spot and I go there in my mind. Too many meetings like you just described sent me there - Pretty sure I take a worm-hole to get there.

You have remarkable strength - Way to go warrior mom!

slsh

member since 1999
I am *so* relieved to hear that someone is going to go to bat for you and Kanga and get that Residential Treatment Center (RTC) funding in place. This needs to quit dragging out (preaching to choir anyone??? ;) ).

You have my empathy re: family therapy. Definitely the stuff of Twilight Zone. I actually refused family therapy this morning. First time I've ever done that and it was really *hard* to say no, but ... after 10+ years of it, I'm done. His treatment has to be about him now, not about us. We're extraneous at this point.

Hope things get moving for you guys. You're in my thoughts.

susiestar

Roll With It
I am glad someone finally saw the huge imapirment Kanga operates with, and is getting an advocate. Saying prayers that the advocate is excellent, unsnowable by Kanga, and gets things DONE!

I truly don't know how you keep yourself going with all of this. You have my admiration, along with my prayers.

Hugs,

Susie

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
So glad to know that at least you got a little step forward. Maybe this is the turn of the tide. I know wishful thinking. But I am wishing it for you.

Beth

daralex

Clinging onto my sanity
Ditto! You are so strong! - I'm sure I would have fallen apart a long time ago if I were in oyur shoes. I hope Kanga gets the help she needs and you all deserve

Wiped Out

Staff member
JJJ,
I'm very glad to hear that they see Kanga's needs. You and your family have been through so much. Gentle hugs.

JJJ

I have fallen apart - multiple times. But I figure the choice is give in and bring her home and risk her succeeding in killing one of us this time or pull myself back together and keep trying to get help.

witzend

I actually refused family therapy this morning. First time I've ever done that and it was really *hard* to say no, but ... after 10+ years of it, I'm done. His treatment has to be about him now, not about us. We're extraneous at this point.

So sad, but so true. :sad-very: I hope one day that he will want you back and make it right.

meowbunny

I'm so glad someone turned on their lightbulb. I hope this gives Kanga some real help and that one day she can go home again.

HUGS

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
So glad that there are some who see the light, JJJ. It shouldn't take attempted escalating physical aggression for someone to see that this child needs a lot more than you (or anyone in the community) can give to keep others & herself safe.

Kudos for the adovocates. ((((hugs)))) to you.

tammyjh

I'm sorry to hear that she continues to have so much trouble but glad that they've seen it and agree that home is not the place for her right now. Hopefully she'll settle in well and do ok there.
(((((hugs)))))

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
JJJ

I ditto the "took so long to get it" part. But so glad you've got someone in your corner. You are one major warrior Mom.

Saying prayers and keeing body parts crossed Kanga gets the help she needs.

Hugs