Kanga's Interview

Discussion in 'General Parenting' started by JJJ, Mar 11, 2011.

1. JJJ

JJJ Active Member

Kanga's interview with new Residential Treatment Center (RTC) went well. Now we just have to wait until next week to find out if she was accepted.
  2. cubsgirl

cubsgirl Well-Known Member

Crossing everything....sounds positive.
  3. HaoZi

HaoZi Guest

Pretzel with salt for you!
  4. tiredmommy

tiredmommy Site Moderator

Glad everything went well!
  5. KTMom91

KTMom91 Well-Known Member

Keeping good thoughts for you, JJJ.
  6. AnnieO

AnnieO Shooting from the Hip

Hmm... I truly hope this isn't necessary for Onyxx, because if we do that - she will be in juvie or GONE within hours.
  7. Steely

Steely Active Member

Sending good vibes!!!! Let us know.
  8. JJJ

JJJ Active Member

Step -- Kanga wanted to go to an Residential Treatment Center (RTC) so we didn't have that problem.

I know there are more secure facilities that are designed for kids who don't want to go, they probably dont do the interview with the kid.
  9. AnnieO

Sigh... They DO want to do an interview with her... However... They're not TOTALLY secure, but they ARE out in the middle of nowhere (nowhere to go, nothing to do...)
  10. Wiped Out

Wiped Out Well-Known Member Staff Member

Glad the interview went we!
  11. JJJ

JJJ Active Member

Ugh, can I just not answer the phone when she calls???

I understand she is nervous about the results of the interview. That I can handle. But if she screams at me one more time about her "need" to stay in touch with her 'boyfriend' and ow much she hates her protection plan, I AM GOING TO SCREAM.
  12. HaoZi

HaoZi Guest

Just hang up the phone before you do it. Or not.
  13. AnnieO

I'd hang up, too... If she can't talk to you without screaming, then she can't talk to you???
  14. JJJ

JJJ Active Member

Oh, I hang up. About a year ago, we quit engaging her when she gets like this. We used to try and get her to understand the connection between her actions and the consequences but she never, ever got it. So now we give her two warnings to fix her attitude and then we say goodbye.

New Residential Treatment Center (RTC) only allows her to call home 2 days per week :)
  15. HaoZi

HaoZi Guest

Yay! Will they also make you not be the bad guy when she's not allowed to go do something?