Kapvay - has anyone uesd the 0.2mg tablets?

Discussion in 'General Parenting' started by BeachPeace, Jul 28, 2012.

1. BeachPeace

BeachPeace Guest

Just went round and round the last couple of days - psychiatrist writes RX for 0.2 mg twice daily Kapvay which no local pharmacy has in stock.
    I had to get him to change the RX to TWO 0.1 MG tablets twice per day which is 4 pills per day. Which of course was so very easy to do lol
    Blue's medications are becoming so extensive and it is hard enough to get the pills in.
    Anyway - has anyone had any experience with being able to get a 0.2 mg Kapvay tablet? I found online that they do make one - I am just wondering if there is a shortage or something. I typically use Walgreens and called around yesterday to others.
    Thanks,

2. bigbear11

bigbear11 Guest

Same here... they do make a .2 (at least according to their own PI) but I have never been able to get it. So we are just like you, using 2 of the .01 to get there. However, it hasn't effected the cost of the medication. We have been getting twice the number of pills for the same copay.

3. BeachPeace

BeachPeace Guest

Thanks Sandy - at least I know it is not just me. (some days everything feels like a personal battle lol)