Karma visited my house today!!!

Mattsmom277

So I vented about my problems with nasty utility companies. I was fit to be tied.

In midst of all that boiling anger, I had cause to open S/O's online banking (to pay another god forsaken bill) and wowsers, a deposit of about $800 that we were NOT expecting. After finally figuring out what it was for (and it wasn't a bank error lol), I was feeling a little lighter with my step. We reallllly are feeling the financial pinch with S/O starting his aviation program, books for him are just over $600 for first semester alone. Then both kids needed complete new wardrobes for back to school, supplies etc. Yikes! Our balance was so low I felt it needed blood pressure medications!

So there I was waking up this morning and thinking how lovely that I used that winfall to pay off the lingering bills that cause me anxiety. Back to broke but NO ANXIETY about lurking bills. YAY!

So I'm drinking a tea this morning in a daze of happy thoughts, but sad about not attending a good friends stag and doe tonight, bacherolette party tomorrow and wedding next weekend due to no $$.

I check the morning mail. And wowsers!! Another unexpected windfall of $794!!!

So I'm getting on me dancing shoes, and even stepping out to the mall to have my nails done and buy a inexpensive but sexy new outfit so I can drive S/O mad on the dance floor tonight.

I LOVE KARMA!!!

susiestar

Roll With It
AWESOME!!!! Have a WONDERFUL time at the party and again when you and SO get home (wink wink).

It could not have come to a more deserving couple.

How is SO doing after his attack and the brain injury? Are you getting some help with PTSD? For all of you??

Hugs to all.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Amazing isn't it how life helps us when we are at our worst???

Go get 'em! And enjoy yourself. Blow some money - you deserve it!

Mattsmom277

Thanks all :) S/O and I just got back from the mall. I had some new black sexy pants that I needed to be hemmed, so I splurged and had a place at the mall do them. We scoured the mall and I bought a divine red blouse to go with the pants, on sale half of lowest ticket price ... grand total $14.99 :)
I had shoes to return that easy child didn't fit, and I had already replaced them, so with the refund I bought the cutest fall jacket. I am waiting for the sun to go down to see if the evening chill can validate me wearing the jacket tonight haha.
We had a ton of fun at the mall. I'm so lucky that S/O loves to roam the mall if I'm excited and shopping. He has superb taste and knows not only what I like, but what would look good on me. He's also a great bag boy ;)
He's off to get his hair trimmed and I'm off to the shower and to do my nails (I chose the new jacket and skipped the nail session at the mall). Then we are off to mingle with good friends and celebrate two great people merging their families. They live across the country now so I haven't seen them since their moving away party this past winter. It's going to be a great night :) I have taken some pain medications so I can wear my killer sexy thigh high black heeled boots. S/O is going to be stuck to me like glue HEHE.

Thanks for asking how he is doing. He is doing just fine. Weirdly, after 2 months there is some bruising under one eye still. Some days seems worse than others. It is MUCH improved, but I wish it was totally gone. It appears to a unknowing person that he's aging and has bags under his eyes. When its healed, he is still youthful looking and never has bags. But at least he doesn't look like the losing end of the beating he got!

As for the windfall, it was training funds regarding the start of his new aviation program he started last week (he's joining the air force and currently training so he can work on the fighter jets). We just weren't expecting the windfall :) YAY!!!

Mattsmom277

:) It was a lovely night full of dancing, great music, good food, great friends. And I felt beautiful (helped along by S/O telling me so every 10 minutes or so lol).

I also won 2 prizes. A 6 piece gift set from the body shop. And a gorgeous gift bag with 4 bottles of body stuff from La Senza. All things I'd love but never spend the money to buy for myself. That was a nice end to my evening :)

trinityroyal

Mattsmom, I was so happy to hear about your windfall, and I'm very glad that you and S/O had such a great time out. You both deserve it after all the horribleness you've been through.

And how wonderful to win items you can use to pamper yourself, that you wouldn't normally splurge on. I LOVE the Body Shop products.

Marguerite

Just remember, as you sned the money - whatever you spend is stimulating the economy, making more jobs for other people (or at least keeping them in employment). You spend money, the people whose products you buy are happy and have money to spend so THEY spend money, and so it flows on.

Our government's response to the economic crisis, as other countries all said, "We must tighten our belts," was to give every citizen hundreds of dollars with the instruction, "Be patriotic - go spend it!"

At first people said they were nuts, but recent economy scrutineers here have said, "Hey - it's working!"

So don't feel guilty. Even paying off credit card debt is helping the economy.

Marg

Mattsmom277

You are very right Marg. I agree completely. I hope that people do learn to live more within their means with the reality check this economy problem has brought to the forefront of conciousness. Yet spending must happen. I happily carry zero credit card debt, nor does S/O. We do have payments to a furniture company for bedroom sets for myself and the kids I splurged on (before economy tanked). I am thrilled though, that after 2 years of payments, I should be done in October paying. YAY!!

I have noticed that retail stores have sales that are much bigger than normal. Prices for clothing and shoes etc are lower than I've seen in a long time, and sales are more rampant. I have found that I am able to buy more clothes or nicer shoes for the kids etc and I have no problem spending when the deals are that good, knowing the economy needs injections of cash in all sectors.