Kathy813, TL, Signorina, PatriotsGirl, CrazyinVa, dashcat, et al

Nancy

You are my al-anon group.

I hope I didn't miss anyone but if I did just add your name. This goes for all of us who have difficult child's that are struggling with addiction. Whether our difficult child's are with us or whether they are in treatment or perhaps just living elsewhere, this will be a stressful holiday. I hope that whatever contact we have with our difficult children is pleasant and addiction free and that we enjoy a peaceful holiday surrounded by our loved ones.

Most importantly I hope our difficult children realize the importance of family support and take that into 2012 with a renewed commitment to sobriety. Please check in after the holiday and let us know how it went. We are here to celebrate the successes and give supportive hugs to those that need it.

My difficult child is scheduled to appear on our doorstep sometime tomorrow late morning and will stay overnight Friday and Saturday. She has to work Christmas day 9-3 so we will have dinner when she returns. easy child is coming to spend the night tomorrow too.

Perhaps we need to schedule an al-anon meeting for Monday morning over computer screens and coffee.

Nancy

buddy

Wishing all of you a pleasant holiday. Stay strong and check in with eachother. It is a beautiful thing you all can relate to this and be here to cheer eachother on. Love to each and every one of you and success to your difficult child's! Love, Dee

Kathy813

Staff member
Nancy, one of the reasons that I have been reluctant to go to Al-anon meetings is that I feel like I already have an Al-anon group right here. I don't know what I would do without all of you and I can even get support while in my pj's.

I'll be there on Monday morning. We can also have a Weight Watcher's meeting. I have a feeling I am going to go on a diet starting on Monday.

~Kathy

Nancy

Buddy I should have addressed this to all of our cheerleaders too. You are the reason we keep our sanity. I appreciate the support more than you know.

Kathy I feel the same way.

Nancy

DammitJanet

Hope everything goes well for you guys. I need the weight watchers but I wont promise anything. And after the news I was hit with when Tony walked in the door from work, I may be the one who is hitting the bottle all weekend. His older brother decided to invite himself for Xmas weekend! And Tony doesnt know how to say no. Merry bleepin xmas to me.

dashcat

Here' s hoping our cyber al alon meeting will be filled with stories of peaceful, drama-free (ok, minimum drama) holidays with our families.

Merry Christmas to all!
Dash

T

toughlovin

Happy Holidays to you all..... This group has been a huge source of support and real understanding. You all have made a real difference in my life.

I will be here Monday morning for both alanon and weight watchers!!! I really am on Weight watchers but not really doing it too much this week....

And so far I have been enjoying the holidays this year... I have come a long way in the last year. My difficult child is in his rehab/sober house program through Xmas so hopefully he won't do anything to ruin my peace of mind for the next couple of days.

I will be thinking of you all and I look forward to hearing how everyones day went.

TL

S

Signorina

Happy Holidays all! I will be at my moms - still stuffing my face on Monday...but will be here on Tuesday-and in much need of my support group AND Weight Watchers... Wishing all of us a peaceful Christmas filled with warm family moments and no angst.

XXOO

P

PatriotsGirl

Merry Christmas to all of my special friends here!!! Our Christmas is a quiet one. We aren't doing anything but being lazy today. difficult child says they don't have a car, and I am not playing taxi today. So far the plan is that easy child and I will pick her up tomorrow and we will hit the mall for their Christmas. Though that was a maybe from difficult child last night so we will see what happens...
I hope every one of you have a glorious drama free holiday. I am starting ww again after New Years. I am so ready to shed the weight I put back on!!

pasajes4

Merry Christmas one and all. My wish for all of us is to have at least one moment of peace today. For me, that would be the greatest gift of all.

CrazyinVA

Staff member
Merry Christmas. Mine was pretty nice. Was both of my girls, Youngest's boyfriend, and the grandkids. Everyone behaved, even the grandkids. Oldest seems to be doing very well lately, great new job that she loves, and no sign of pain pill issues in awhile now. Youngest, well Youngest was talking about taking apart E's crib to finally move it to her boyfriend's house (poor 18 month old E's been sleeping mostly in a pack-n-play for months now). So the latest talk about things not working out with boyfriend is still just talk, for now. But, part of me feels very ... tenuous/edgy ... because of how quickly things change with her. Just trying to enjoy the quiet tonight and not think about it.

Hope everyone else had a calm day.

P

PatriotsGirl

Well I never even heard from difficult child yesterday. Sent her a text first thing in the morning thinking she would call when she got up, but no, nothing. Nice huh?