Keep your fingers crossed

mstang67chic

Going Green
husband is taking difficult child to McD's in a bit for open interviews. IF he gets a job there, it will be his first. I'm finding myself torn on this. I want him to get a job, make some of his OWN money, have a bit of independance but at the same time, part of me keeps saying that "you KNOW" it's not going to work out. Siiiiiiiiiigh. One step at a time I suppose.

So if you could, cross some fingers and rattle some beads for difficult child. Thanks!

slsh

member since 1999
Fingers crossed and beads a'rattling.

Even though I understand your doubts about it working out, I wonder if it might not be a wake up call for difficult child if it *doesn't* work out. You know, the realization that other people actually expect him to follow directions and do what he's told, that his parents aren't the only ones? ;) on the other hand - while I tend to expect the worst, miracles don't necessarily surprise me either - maybe he'll get the job and shine!

Rattle, rattle, rattle!

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
Mickey D jobs totally depend on how your son gets along with the manager......and they vary quite a bit.....When my difficult child isn't in jail he generally works at McDonalds and actually likes the work.....fingers crossed he eases into the work force and decides he likes earning his own $$$.......

BusynMember

If he has special needs, McD's is very good at working with those with special needs. I'm sure, though, that this doesn't include bad behavior. But they'll help in other areas, such as cognitive.

Fran

Former desparate mom
You know my fingers are crossed for him to find some success. We hold our breath everytime difficult child gets a job. He may find this a good fit and getting his own paycheck will work out for him.

busywend

Fingers crossed. If nothing else they get to experience real life without the parental units overseeing it. It is an eye opener to see that it takes planning and organization to make sure your uniform is clean and you have a ride to and from work.

My difficult child had a job over the summer. She lost it. She blames others, of course. Trying to get her back out there is very difficult. I think she realized 1.) she hates working & 2.) she is disposable. Quite the ego blow.

mstang67chic

Going Green
difficult child said it seemed to go well. The manager asked him how old he was and seemed a bit disappointed when he said 17.....until he told her that he turns 18 in a few weeks. (I smell a "closing schedule") She also, on more than one occasion, made sure she had the right phone number for him. I'm thinking it sounds promising!