Keyana officially started Big Girl School yesterday...sniff sniff...lol

DammitJanet

Now I am officially old! I have a grand child in school. She rode the big bus. LOL.

I had to laugh though, her "big" brother, Cameron, promised me that if anyone messed with her he would beat them up! Cameron is about an inch taller than she is and weighs about the same...lol. Her classroom is right across the hall from his so she will probably not be so scared going in.

I got her a pair of Twinkle Toes shoes to wear. Im such a sap.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Aww!

I remember - Jett in 3rd grade - when he got on the bus, I made husband take a picture. Since we missed K, 1 and 2...

DDD

I bet she is the belle of the ball! We still have the "big bus" traveling down our short street each morning. I find myself smiling when I hear the noisy thing. Memories flood back of the good days before difficult child traits kicked in. Hugs. DDD

donna723

That's always such a sentimental time! Gets you all misty-eyed!

A few years ago the youngest son of one of my neighbors started kindergarten and rode the bus for the first time. They were out there when he got on the bus, smiling and waving and taking pictures. Then they got in their car, passed the school bus on the road, and high-tailed it in to town to the elementary school. They waited in the parking lot for the bus to get there, then they took more pictures of their kid getting off the bus! They probably followed him around all day with that camera!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Trust me, it's like with your own kids, once you get past the milestone with the 1st one it doesn't hit you so hard with the rest. lol You want to feel old? Kayla should be at least in the 5th grade.....not sure because she might have flunked a grade. lol

Aubrey starts school soon as well. Nichole is having to do some juggling because she was due to start headstart down here after the fair this week........but they'll be moving to the dayton area the 1st of Oct. Told her to call ahead and make the arrangements or enroll her in the preschool Nichole went to as it is still operating. :rofl: It's a christian preschool that operates from the church mother in law attended all the time the kids were growing up. Both easy child and Nichole attended it.......when Travis was that age we were clear on the other side of Dayton so he went to headstart instead.

Hard to think of her as school age, yet hard not to think of her as school age........she is sooooo ready and already talks like she's in school. You should hear her and Darrin going at it. lol too cute!

I have issues with the volume of homework poor Darrin has each night. Sorry folks the kid is 6 yrs old. Does he really need to read a book, learn a spelling list, do math problems.......and lord only knows what else was in his backpack.....every single night? Poor kid doesn't get off the bus until 5pm (and he's in TOWN!!!) He has time to rush through supper and do his homework then time for bed. No down time, no fun time nothing. I get that reading and spelling and such are important.......I do.......I get that schoolwork is important as are good study habits......I do I swear. But so is getting to wind down and blow off steam after a very long day of having to sit still, follow directions, and think. OMG

Oh well. At least I don't have to deal with the homework wars anymore. :rofl:

DammitJanet

Yeah, they are growing up. Keyana is going to be having full days now. She has ballet after school on Mondays and then she is signed up for soccer too and I dont know when they practice that but I know the games are on Saturdays. Maybe with 4 year olds they just meet up and play...who knows...lol.

I got a text message today saying that Hailie started a 3 year old preschool program that goes 2 times a week. Thats a good thing but oh lordy are they going to now reap the rewards of the way they have been raising her...lol. I bet it isnt a month or two before they get phone calls home about her potty mouth. That child swears like a sailor. She also repeats everything she hears so it should be interesting just what she tells at school...lol. "Mommy is mad at Daddy because XYZ" "Mommy went out last night to get dwunk" Dumba$$ Popo's" These are just examples of what they allow her to get by with saying. Should be interesting.

Glad Im not getting the calls!