Kid exchange

Fran

Former desparate mom
I'll trade a 24yr old who acts like he is 14. He doesn't drink, smoke or do drugs. Knows a lot of information but can't remember steps to do simple housekeeping chores. Eats everything and has an expanding waist line to go with it.
He hasn't completed anything without a problem arising that needs my input to fix. Of course, he is an expert at what I should be doing.

He will help with some simple chores and is pleasant as long as nothing much is demanded. Is a constant know it all on any topic other people happen to be speaking about.

He is a nice kid but is clueless about direction and self motivation. He is a true rebel without a clue.

Major slob and is oblivious to the mess he creates in every room in the house.

He does drive and go the market with very specific items. Don't expect him to count his change or even know how much anything cost. I wouldn't let him have access to a cash card.

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
OH I have an 18 year old female. Smokes, lazy, eats everything. No ambition. Manipulative. The only one in the world with problems. No desire to do anything. Good with animals and little kids in short bursts. Has a mouth to rival the best when angry and is almost always angry. Respects no ones belongings (not even her own).

The 15 male is not for sale or trade. He is in a secure facility and still gets in trouble.

And the 17 not for slae or trade because after the other two I can handle most things she throws my way as it is so mild in comparison.

beth

Steely

OMG..........you guys have me rolling. :tongue:

OK - Meow.........Let's see how I can sweeten the pot.

I have a 18 year old, who lives almost in Canada, and is never coming home. Enticing, huh...........??????????

However, he comes with having to take the nightly phone calls from the doctors, directors, counselors, about how he does this, that, and the other. And the immense worry about whether he will get kicked out of said place and since you know he is not coming home.........leads you to making many morning phone calls to new places that may take your 18yo. These phone calls often occur while you are at work and dealing with customers and employees breathing fire down your neck - but hey - you can multi task, right?

(Oh did I mention the police, the 72 hour hold, and the drama on Thanksgiving. OOps, maybe I forgot that little nugget - but - heck, it all happened 2k away via a phone. No worries.)

meowbunny

Sorry, Steely, but he's just a tad too labor intensive and you'd go nuts with mine. It would be the female version minus the violence. And, since she's not BiPolar (BP), the mood is always ON but likely to change at any given second depending on what has happened or what you've said. Figure you have enough on your plate as it is. You don't deserve to add mine to your mix.

Beth, yours sounds like mine at 18, too. It's amazing what some time on the streets will do to change some of the issues. Not all, but some. Sorry, you'll have to con someone else into taking yours. Maybe Steely would go for a trade with you?

tiredmommy

How about a beautiful and silly nearly 8 year girl? Very talkative, and responds well to plenty of structure. Even eats her vegetables. Comes with a boat load of toys and electronics, but will pick them up when threatened with them being tossed out. Good kid, occasionally clueless. Needs and inhaler and carries and Epipen, jr. "just in case". Can be difficult and demanding when not feeling well, but responds well to a little tlc.

meowbunny

TM -- I would love Duckie! Heck, I'd take her without a trade. I've always thought she and Tink were little charmers. I don't think I could handle Tink -- too much like mine -- but Duckie would be a pleasure!

house of cards

As an added bonus, I have a 21 yo for your difficult child's companionship. He likes difficult child's, says he doesn't like boring people, he will soon be a college grad., allright maybe he is a bit of a difficult child as well, but I wasn't trying to trade him. Pick us!

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
OK now you can have K
1 hyper-sexual, manic, hallucinating, almost 8yo... come with her own *fairies*
Will spit, bite, hit and rip apart only her own room when provoked and sometimes when not provoked.
Tries to escape from moving vehicles at times, hits herself "because it feels good and gets the chaos to stop"....etc
Needs constant medication changes and is socially very inept.
Grandparents will likely *demand* to be a part of her *new* family!!! :)
anxiety is severe at times, your guess is as good as mine...
any takers?
She is really cute though and loves to dance and sing!!!

Steely

K for M, whatta think? You wanna move back to ID anyway - your perfect chance!
But wait I also get precious little N too, right? And your husband? I like your husband, he sounds worth trading for. Hmmmm........now this is getting better.

Woofens

I am ROFLMBO.

Ok. I have up for trade a 7 YO male (difficult child) loves to do physical things such as mow grass, do dishes, any "adult" project... and listens to directions and is safe about helping. He would shovel snow, if someone showed him how-excellent for you that are snowed in!! Is prone to violent outbursts,with no warning. Hits, kicks, name calls. I'll throw in his dirtbike and Nintendo DS. Both are excellent for bribery.
Also for trade, 10 and 12 YO easy child females. Will include 10 YO's medicine. 12 YO is typical preteen... mouthy grumpy moody.

Any takers??? LOL

Hugs,
Jan

Wiped Out

Staff member
I could handle the swearing. Think he could handle me swearing back and 10X worse? I've had few more years to learn the words. I'm used to constant attention demands. Have learned how to ignore those. How is he at doing chores and getting up before noon and going to bed at reasonable hours?

I have to laugh-he gets totally offended if someone were to swear at him-go figure! As for the chores-sometimes yes, sometimes no. He does love to clean toilets which is a plus! Getting up before noon-absolutely-how does 5-7 sound? Getting to sleep is not a big deal thanks to the medications. otherwise you would have to deal with him being up until 1 or 2 or later in the morning.

meowbunny

Sharon, your son has potential. 5-7 is okay. That's usually when I get up anyway and I usually don't go to sleep much before midnight.

Love the idea that he would get offended if someone cursed right back at him. Guess he'll learn quickly that life really is a two-way street.

Ya know, if we work this right, we could just do a circle trade like a chain letter. Keep 'em for a month, then forward 'em on to the next mom. If everyone is lucky, they get their kid back when they're adults and at least semi-productive. Of course, every kid would have to be homeschooled so they don't miss out on their education. This could work out well. It really is so much easier to take on someone else's problems.

Abbey

Spork Queen
Can I toss in a difficult child husband? No kids to trade.

He's extremely efficient at fixing things. Doesn't matter what it is. Keep in mind that it will only get half done, but the intent is there.

He's very sociable when others are around...tends to be the life of the party. Others love him. He struggles, though, when out of the limelight to be a normal person. Huge mood swings.

He'll give you GREAT 'suggestions' on what you should be doing.

He shovels snow quite well. He did three houses today.

He's an awesome cook, but it will take you 2 days to clean up the mess.

He's brilliant, but doesn't know how to turn on a dishwasher or washer/dryer. He doesn't know they exist.

You'll know every useless piece of knowledge about the universe. Seriously.

If it has to do with electricity...you're set. Just make sure you have a fire extinguisher nearby.

He can play World of Warcraft very well. He's level 71. (insert applause) I think I'm swooning.

His cussing level is among the most admired. You would have the delight of hearing it nearly every hour of the day. Imagine that luxury.

As an added bonus, if you respond in the next 10 minutes, I'll toss in three screaming parrots! Wait...there is more! I'll even toss in airfare and all his debt!

(no returns)

Abbey

meowbunny

Sorry, Abbey, while he sounds delightful, I an adult male in my home is definitely something I do not want. Maybe someone else will take him?

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Abbey, only if you will take my Grandpa-inlaw. I'll throw in 3 months worth of medications!!!

TerryJ2

Hmm. I think I'll keep my 12-yr-old difficult child, since I finally know what makes him tick, along with-the re-gifted hand lotion and toddler gifts from my goofy s-i-l, but I'll be happy to take all your puppies. :) (Oops, here comes my husband. No one heard me say anything about puppies!)

Star*

call 911........call 911
mmmmmmm Okay -

I'll trade your kid for.........Dude. You know ALL about him (mostly) snickers in with a senile chorlte.

Come on = ANYONE want DUDE? because apparently while MOmma was away he was NOT on Santas list - good or bad (horrible) doesn't even come close. lol

Any takers?