Kidisms

Marg's Man

Not only difficult child's come out with great lines.

Marg often tells the story of difficult child 3 commenting as the wind from the open car window made his eyes run with tears while we drove along
"Mum the wind keeps poking my eye!"

A friend at work just sent me this one - possibly apocryphal but certainly believable.
It was time for the sermon...'Dear Lord,' the minister began, with his arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face.
'Without you, we are but dust...'

He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter who was listening leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little four year old girl voice, 'Mum, what is butt dust?'

Any other 'kidisms'?

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Grandson Darrin was explaining to one of his preschool friends that he was going to be a big brother.

In his most confident voice he explained," You can only be a big brother if your Mommy swallows a baby."

Then Darrin upon hearing his pregnant Mommy's tummy grumble with hunger : "Mommy, I think baby Brandon is hungry. You need to feed him."

LOL

I'll probably have more later. I'm too exhausted to think of more tonight.

Butt dust. :rofl:

everywoman

PCson was about 3. My grandmother would pick him up every weekend so he could stay with them while I worked 3 12 hour shifts.
They were driving the 45 minutes to her house.
Halfway there he said---Granny---you know that you're not supposed to drink and drive....(It was 84/85 and DUI enforcement was full force).
She said that yes she had heard that.
He said several time, Granny it's very, very bad to drink and drive.
She continued to agree.
Then he piped up--"You know granny, there is a McDonalds right up there, and since I'm not driving, can you pull up and get me a drink."

mstang67chic

Going Green
I'm not sure if this is what you had in mind. At the very least...if it's not a kidism, it is most definately a boyism.

Keep in mind, difficult child is my only child and he came to us as a foster child when he was 9. I do have a brother but as he is 20 years younger than me, I don't have a lot of day to day experience with little boys.

I don't think it was very long after difficult child came to live with us when he was walking through the living room one day. He got a funny look on his face, stopped cold, did a little hip wiggle then "adjusted" himself. When he looked at me ( I guess to see if I had seen him do all of that), I must have had a confused look on my face because he simply said "weenie wedgie" and kept on walking. I remember doing my best to not laugh out loud so I didn't embarrass him but I don't think I was all that successfull.

mstang67chic

Going Green
LOL I know what you mean but you know what? After I sat there for a bit and analyzed it (not knowing alot about little boys and all), it made sense. It was warm, you sweat or get sticky and apparently things get a little.......stuck. :redface:

Fran

Former desparate mom
When difficult child was in elementary school, he overheard me saying we had to get up at the crack of dawn.
difficult child looked at me and said what's a crackadon? He thought it was a dinosaur.

Andy

Years ago I was watching the nursery at church. A 4 year old was talking about behaviors, "When you are good, you get to go to heaven and if you are bad you go ..." She covered her mouth with her hand. I finished the sentence for her "to live with the devil."

"Who is the devil?" "A bad angel God kicked out of heaven." As the little girl pondered this, I prepared for her next question which I was sure would be "what did he do to be kicked out of heaven?"

I could see that she was thinking hard about this and finally came to me with her question but not what I was expecting. "Does it hurt when God kicks?"