kidnapped boy returned .... I don't understand this

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
I agree with you... Though if the little boy was one of our difficult children, I can see why. Even if not - maybe too much for the kidnapper to handle?

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Terry, my daughter was returned to me, though it was just the one day, and she was sexually assaulted.

Who knows what these people are thinking?

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
They may have examined the little boy... That's all I can figure. And as for evading police, it makes it seem (to me) as if it was someone VERY CLOSE to the family?

I hope the boy *does* say something. And that there is no lasting effects/psychiatric damage.

DDD

It surely is a wonderful and strange turn of events. When I read about it this morning I realized that if the family had remained in their home (which I'm positive I would have insisted on doing) the child might not have been safely returned. I'm so happy for the child and the family but really curious what the next steps in the story will bring. He is a handsome little boy who has the "look" of being very bright. If the authorities handle it gently and correctly I bet he will provide lots of details. DDD

Mattsmom277

The person they believe kidnapped him has a criminal history. He was unknown to the boy or the boys family. Also in the hour(s) before this abduction of this particular boy from inside of his home, nearby a family somehow stopped a attempted abduction of their child from their home. The good news is that this guy has nowhere to run, they know who he is and they'll get him. I was so glad to hear of this little guy being safe and sound.

JJJ

This boy's name was made very public. Far better for them to say he wasn't harmed (and hopefully, he wasn't!). The internet has a long memory and when this boy is a teen, he doesn't need some bully googling his name and using this horrible event to taunt him. As a 3-yr old, it is quite possible that, back in the loving arms of his family and safe again, he may be able to move beyond this with minimal impact.

Mattsmom277

You make a good point JJJ. I have though seen news clips today with him running around happily playing like any other happy go lucky kiddo. The joy in his parents faces in todays media interviews show no holding back of pain that would be normal had he been abused. So I'm hoping like mad that it is as stated, that he was unharmed.

I still find it so odd though that he was returned right into the house, even the parents plea had been leave him in a public place (gas station, store, etc).