Kids are going away for three whole days and I am thrilled!

Californiablonde

I love this site because this is the only place I can say something like this and not feel guilty or have people telling me I'm a bad mom. Kids' dad is taking them for a three day weekend (he has never done this before) because he is taking them to Disneyland on Monday. His boss is paying for the entire family to go. He made absolutely sure I knew his boss was paying for it because right now he is fighting me on child support and he knew I'd be suspicious. Ex absolutely hates Disneyland so we'll see how well he behaves. I so totally needed this time off, especially since the cat issue and all of my anxiety that followed it. I absolutely can't wait until they are gone!

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Well, what are you going to do with yourself? I just had the best day all to myself! Mani/pedi, watched Ellen, having a glass of wine with nacho chips, made some shrimp cocktail. Truly, this was a relaxing day.

So, how will you spend your time?!

Californiablonde

Tonight it's a bottle of wine for me and watching the Laker game. Tomorrow night I will be cooking my boyfriend a nice dinner. It will be my first time cooking for him. He always takes me out and spends money on me so I wanted to do something special for him. Sunday will be Easter at my mom's. This will be the first time the kids are not going to spend Easter with me so I am kinda sad about that but that's just the way it goes this year.

DDD

I spent years as a single Mom and I totally understand the NEED to have a break. Make good choices and enjoy the H out of the time you have free. Hugs. DDD

Californiablonde

Oh I'm gonna enjoy it alright. After the week from hell I just had, I deserve it. Oddly enough, neither difficult child was the cause of any of this. It was other people who set me off. I am still grateful to have a difficult child free weekend as weekends with them at home all day can get pretty stressful.