Kinda A Brag

DDD

Close to a year ago I set a goal weight and have been slowly dropping a pound here and there. Today I had another MD appointment and had my mind on bone density, HDL/LDL etc. On the way into see the Dr. the nurse said "step on the scale please". I did......and OOILA! I have reached my goal. Yeah Me! DDD

Nancy

That's something to celebrate and I'm proud of you. It's hard at our age to lose those pounds so this is even more impressive.

How was the bone density? I have to do that soon, I am way overdue. I have been monitored every two years and since I began taking actonel I actually increased my bone density. But I let my prescription run out last year and didn't have the test done because of our high medical bills with difficult child's rehab so I'm a little worried that I may have lost what I gained.

Nancy

DDD

Thanks for the enthusiastic reenforcement, guys!

Nancy I'm taking a different medication (started two weeks ago) and am now trying to get myself psyched to start going to the gym for bone density issues and to tone up. My intentions to walk are always to walk, lol, but I just don't do it!

I'm also trying not to get paranoid about avoiding falls....although I am totally not feeble and am sure footed. The idea of having a vulnerability is messing with my head. I'm also adding calcium/D supplement to my diet. I asked the Dr. if my medication promoted new growth (I think you said yours did) and he said that the medication removes the outer covering (I gather it kinda dies?) and then allows interior of the bone to generate itself making it stronger. Due to finances (Sigh...darn difficult child's) I did not go with the newer more expensive medication. on the other hand I just can not imagine myself being immobile or in need of care so I'm highly motivated to find the $$'s needed. I understand.

Eating healthily and exercising, popping a couple of pills and trying to make sure that I don't trip over Ace are my goals for 2012. That darn dog has a way of getting in the way like you wouldn't believe. I've convinced myself to buy a couple of night lights so I can see where to heck he is at night. Thanks all. DDD

InsaneCdn

and trying to make sure that I don't trip over Ace are my goals for 2012. That darn dog has a way of getting in the way like you wouldn't believe. I've convinced myself to buy a couple of night lights so I can see where to heck he is at night.

:rofl:

Ace wouldn't be black, or dark brown, now, would he?
Our first dog was a mostly-black tri-color.
Second was black.
3&4 are black.

Tripping over dogs? even in daylight... if I'm in the basement, or down a hallway where there isn't natural light.
Lets just say we go through LOTS of night-light-bulbs!

Was looking for florescent (sp?) collars... so I can tell where they are when I take them out at night. Not a problem in winter, but on a dark, rainy summer night, they vanish from view pretty quickly, even on the end of a 6 ft leash!