Kitten Anyone?

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
We've totally solved the "mystery" as to why easy child's pregger kitten went postal on poor Molly. PCs cats had joined in because they're so used to protecting the kittens.

easy child has kept a rubbermaid box with a hole cut into the side filled with straw for her outside cat and the two grey/white kittens strays that adopted her for winter. She never moved it from the porch because when she was going to, we realized the kittens were both preggers. And she hoped the kittens would use it to house their own babies to help keep them safe.

Turns out one the the kittens had started giving birth, had probably 1 or more newborns in the box, which makes her outrageous attack make sense. She now has 4 baby kittens. Her sister looks as if she'll be due soon herself. easy child has since moved the box away from her front door and over to her deck on the side of the house......out of the way and easily defended by Mom cat/kitten. (it's sad, these kittens are no where near a year old yet)

Moving them was a necessity. easy child has 3 cats. One lives outside as he refuses to use the litterbox. The other two prefer to hang out outside 90 percent of the time. But Mom cat wasn't letting them near the porch, so easy child couldn't feed them.

So far the kittens are doing well. sister in law can lift the lid of the rubbermaid to assess their well being. Mom cat doesn't mind at all if people are near her kittens, just no animals. She seems to be doing a good job, in spite of her young age.

And she doesn't hold it against me that I fought her off of Molly.

And Midnight is in heat (lovely). But if my dogs have any say in it...........there will be no kitties. Rowdy and Molly are fighting off every male cat in the area. And it's rather comical because midnight is literally running to them for protection.

There is a traveling van that goes around fixing cats at like 5 bucks a piece to reduce the number of strays (the population of stray cats is out of this world here). I'm waiting to get on the list for this area. Then any female cat that is near my house will suddenly find themselves FIXED.

So? Anyone nearby want a new kitten? easy child is going to have fun trying to find them homes LOL

TerryJ2

My, what an ordeal. So much going on!
Sorry, I'm in VA. Plus, I'm trying to re-home a semi-abandoned cat at my cousin's assisted living facility. This is the nicest cat on the planet. Very sociable. But the owner has been in the hospital for a mo, and the nurses are leaving the cat alone in the room and feeding it. It's getting fat.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Blacks??????? Any solid non long hair going to be gigantic _ you will take my mean queen inexchange deal?

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Starbie I wouldn't have nearly the patience you have for your mean queen kitteh. I don't know how you do it.

Janet, don't tempt easy child like that...........yours are just the sort of pup easy child and sister in law are aiming for......but they're not ready yet. They have a yard to fence in and 2 boys to get potty trained (and rehome some kittens) before they can take on a pup.........and sister in law would like it to be not a pup but a grown dog so he can skip puppyhood. lol And I can't take one on until Molly passes. Seeing the utter relief once Sadie was gone, was enough to cement any plans on further adoptions until then.

by the way, Sadie is fine. There is a lady one street over near where we used to live that is as active helping strays as I am. In fact, our outside cat Willie was such a frequent visitor to her home that she though she owned him, when in fact she didn't, he was just "using her" for extra food and loving. It was a running joke with us for years. But then Willie did that with most of the neighbors. lol

So evidently this lady spotted Sadie probably not long after she escaped and quickly put her on the lead in her back yard so nothing would happen to her until they could see if she was lost or whatever. Since owner doesn't want her, this lady is used to finding good homes for strays or locating rescues to do so.......if she doesn't fall in love with her herself and just keep her. Great lady. Sadie is in good hands and I don't need to worry. I just hope she doesn't escape her house next.

Star*

call 911........call 911
DID I say mean queen kitteh? I mean...........SWEET kind loving adorable........cat. (fingers crossed, eyes crossed, legs crossed) the part about the cat is a lie.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
DID I say mean queen kitteh? I mean...........SWEET kind loving adorable........cat. (fingers crossed, eyes crossed, legs crossed) the part about the cat is a lie.

:rofl:

hahahahaha sorry, not falling for it. I've heard too many stories about the queen. You're going to have to try that on someone you haven't spilled the beans to concerning the kitteh with extra attitude. LOL

Star*

call 911........call 911
You're right ......absolutely right. She makes the wicked witch that had the house fall on her look like the little Mermaid. The only person in the WORLD that tolerates her is DF and the only DOG that puts up with her is Casper. Everyone else could give a flying monkey about her......and it's her own fault she's just so wicked.

DammitJanet

My last two pups should be gone this weekend and then Abby can come inside for training. Good thing, they are eating me out of house and home! They have finally gotten big enough to climb all the way up the steps so they now cry at the front door for a bit at night before they finally give up and go back under the house. LOL

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
AWWWWWW. Now how on earth do you stand those sweet baby cries at your door? That would totally do me in. LOL

Glad all the babies have found good homes. :)

Star*

call 911........call 911
I have begged, hinted, pouted........and pouted some more - I EVEN CAME UP WITH THE ABSOLUTE PERFECT NCIS DOG NAME..........ready HUH are you ready.......??????

D' NOSE.....O.

GET IT?

D' NOSE O??? :sochildish:

helpangel

Cat populations have become such a problem that many area's will spay or neuter outdoor cats free; here they vaccinate for rabies too, trim tip of one ear and have you take it back to where you found it. Might check around and see if any programs like that in your area. I'm afraid you might end up with a ferile cat colony within the year.

in my opinion for a house to be a home it needs something with fur that purrs - if anyone has room please adopt one of these kitties then spay or neuter it.

helpangel

I'm sure a dog could purr, I've heard one say "I wuv U" My cat use to say "MOW MOW OOOOOOOUT" Same cat did it's version of barking while it was jumping on my chest to wake me up because my stove was filling the house with gas.

I love all living things except maybe cockroaches (luckily never had to deal with them knock wood)

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
helpangel I've been hunting for such help for literally years. Closest I've found is a van that comes around for the 5 bucks but you have to get on their list and due to the stray cat issue in this town, that is NOT so easy to do. I'm still trying. Not had a stray in the hood yet who is feral. Most come from the same place, a person who hasn't fixed their cat who has litter after litter and the ones she can't give away she tosses out onto the street to fend for themselves at about 2 months of age. Those that survive long enough, wind up at mine or easy child's house and a lady one street over.

Many I've managed to find forever homes for with the help of my rescue friends. Some, I'm not so lucky with........and 2-3 have adopted me and refuse to leave. I feed/water them because I can't/won't let any animal starve if I can help it. And tossing babies out like that is frigging cruel. If I could pinpoint the actual house doing it there would be literal hell to pay from me. We deal with at least 3 litters from that house alone each spring summer fall stretch...........in addition to the strays having kittens, but it does not seem the strays kittens survive at a very high rate......and they bring them to us because we feed them so they wind up socialized.

I've even talked to vets to see if any would maybe do a bulk rate for strays........but they won't simply because the town is overrun with them.

helpangel

Yikes my neighbors would kill me if I came down & got a van load of cats and brought them up here to get them fixed for free! UGH My van is 17yo wonder if AAA drivers are tolerant of cats?

Star*

call 911........call 911
OUixa actually says NO and GRRRRRRRRama. I swear it - trying to get it on my phone....DF says I've gone over the edge.

When he says that? I get Ouixa to say "NO Grama" (or did she?)

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
The van is a mobile vet that travels the area spaying cats/dogs (especially strays) for 5 -15.00, cats are 5, dogs are 15.00. You get on the list, they come in the early morning, do the deed, watch them long enough to know they did ok with anesthetic, and move on to the next area to do more. Getting on the list is the hardest part because the demand is so high.

Star, OUixa is just afraid you're going to wind up with another cat like queen mean. lol