Kitty vibes for BFF

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
My BFF and her partner have a 15 year old cat and are facing a very hard decision.

He has megacolon and terrible arthritis. They have been limping along with this for 6 years.

His colon blocked up again last night and they are facing the decision of whether to treat him again or put him down.

Please send vibes that whatever decision they make is the right one for them and that they can deal with it. He's a very special cat and I, as well as them, love him dearly.

Thanks in advance,

ToK

Californiablonde

My dear sweet one and a half year old kitty passed away from Megacolon in October. I will be praying for your BFF that she can find some peace no matter what they decide.

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
CB, they rescued him and have kept him going for SIX years with the megacolon through one or two crises a YEAR..

The problem now is that he's got other health problems and also has crippling arthritis. He's a big, mixed-breed longhaired cat, and a real sweetheart.

I love him like he's one of my own.

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
Sadly, Goliath didn't make it. The blockage due to the megacolon was complicated by a disc injury in his lower back that prevented him from squatting to move his bowels and partially paralyzed his back legs.

He was euthanized this afternoon. My BFF and her partner so far seem to be doing as well as can be expected.

Goliath will be sorely missed. He was a one of a kind cat, and his living 6 years with this condition and the spinal stenosis/arthritis was a testament to the loving care he received at the hands of his owners

Thanks,

ToK