klmno garage sale??

klmno

I did very well early Sat. morning in selling small stuff- a lot of it but no big money. The rest of the weeken was a flop so I used the time to dig out more from closets, drawers, etc. and prepare it for this coming weekend. I have been listing stuff on cra****ist during the week, too, and usually sell a few things in between like that. Thanks for asking! I need to make a trip or two to the dump now to start getting rid of residual trash. I've had several yard sales over the past 2-3 monthsd and it's funny how a few things sat here forever and never sold, then they would suddenly get snatched up by someone who didn't even ask me to lower the price.

Jena

good. be careful with-craigslist. you aren't letting ppl inside to view it are you?? i've gone to ppl houses to buy yet im leary about having ppl come to mine after hearing junk on news. i'd problem. put my junk in the garage and do that.

klmno

I'm being somewhat careful- I've noticed buyers are being a little cautious, too. When it's heavy items, usually a husband and wife come and I'm fine with that. I always make sure I talk to the person on the phone at least once before giving my address. If it's a male and we're discussing a small item, I either meet them somewhere public or we trade on the front porch during daylight hours. A woman by herself- I don't worry too much. So far I haven't had any problem (*as she knocks on wood*) other than people not showing up occasionally which is annoying but obviously not threatening. I have been worried that my neighbors might start thinking I'm dealing drugs over here with the people coming and going quickly and obviously handing me money- there's NO WAY I'd do that though. I did have to catch myself when a couple of people asked how I'm surviving when being unemployed so long and I said "I'm selling stuff"- their eyes got huge and I immediately said, "not that kind of stuff". LOL!

Jena

LOL oh wow that made me laugh alot!! that's probably highly lucrative though......... k just kidding!!!

i think difficult child is finally done trying to break bunk bed and screaming............ oh the joys of parenthood..... i gotta get some sleep, i'm dillussional.

nite