koi- glue on glass

klmno

I'm frantically trying to get E's photos ready for visitation- any ideas how to get friggin sticker glue off glass in a photo frame? I have no nail polish remover and am not driving 1 hr to go get some. I have white vinigar, clorox- no glue b gone or whatever. I tried scratching it with my nail but it's not working.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Do you have rubbing alcohol? If so, put a little vegetable oil on, let sit for ten minutes, then use a alcohol soaked cotton ball to wipe it off. Then Windex...

Nancy

Pour white vinegar on glass and then pour vinegar on cloth and put over sticky residue on glass and let sit for ten minutes. They use another cloth to wipe off.

witzend

Be sure to take the glass off of the photo first, or whatever you use will get the photo wet. WD-40 works great, then use a good glass cleaner.

If you have time, there's stuff you can buy to take it right off. Goo Gone, De-solv-it, Un-Do. Any store with a hardware aisle will carry something along those lines.

klmno

I have windex- why didn't I think of that- duh. If that doesn't work, I'll try the vinegar. thank you!

CrazyinVA

Staff member
I've used just hot soapy water and a dish scrubber to get that stuff off. After you take the glass out of the frame of course :-D

klmno

I got it-Thx- it took about 4 efforts tho. There's a vigil for my son going on in the yard tonight and I'm holing up so the neighbor can lead it. It's been a rough day.

klmno

The neighbors came over afterwards. They said 15-20 people came. They had blown up a photo of my son and mounted it and had people sign it, then gave it to me. It will be displayed with his photos tomorrow. They'd asked that kids write something about him- we had planned on burying those with him- but I guess it didn't get communicated well- my fault- they wrote sympathy things to me instead. I'll keep them- they were very nice and sweet. One said that even when people were saying bad things about him at school, he'd smile and walk off. I had no idea that anyone was saying anything bad about him at school. Makes me wonder.

ThreeShadows

Quid me anxia?
K, I'll be there for the funeral. Where do we meet? Are they doing a religious ceremony at the funeral home or do we go directly to Quantico? How do I find the grave site at the cemetery? That's a huge place. Would you rather we came on Sunday? I wish we could do both days.