kris - update

Nancy

I spoke with kris today. It was great to hear her voice and she sounds good.

Kris was in the hospital for two weeks. She had a second heart attack and was in kidney failure. They stabilized the heart and she is on dialysis three times a week. It wears her out tremendously and she said she comes home on those three days really exhausted and not feeling well. Tuesday, Thursday and the weekend are her best days and she is beginning to walk more and more every day. Today she said she was going to walk to the pool in her building complex because it was a nice day and she is feeling stronger, the farthest she has walked yet.

Kris has lost a lot of weight and the doctors want her to gain some but her appetite is not good and her diet is strict so she has a hard time finding food that she can eat.

I asked if she was reading the board and she said she does although infrequently. I'm sure she would be happy to hear from any of her old friend shere.

I know I'm not alone in sending kris healing thoughts and good wishes. Her spirits are up and she sounds like the old kris we all know but I also know this can't be easy for her.

Nancy

Star*

call 911........call 911
Kris -

Sorry to hear you aren't feeling like yourself. If I know you today you'll walk to the pool, tomorrow, the gatehouse, the day after - Winn Dixie.

Many hugs and well wishes
Star
ps. So what type of cookware did you ever end up getting? (lol - like YOU are worried about cookware)

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Thank you for the update-
Kris if you read this, I hope you get to feeling better soon! Go easy on yourself.
Hang in there.

Fran

Former desparate mom
I just got back from out of town, kris.
Get well soon. Sorry to hear you have had a bad time of it.

Chava

Kris,
I'm so sorry to hear that you've been ill. I hope that you have a quick recovery and are back to yourself very soon.
Hugs,
Chava