kt is in the hospital.....

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
I spoke with hospital psychiatrist yesterday morning ~ kt will be in the hospital until Monday at the very least. We are having a family therapy mtg (I'm the only family coming however, mental health CM is coming, Risk Management SW is coming & CADI manager is showing up along with PCA & possibly others). The man told me as many people who wanted to show should come.

Mental health CM is proposing that kt be discharged to Residential Treatment Center (RTC) (if he can get funding) or to foster care. I struggle with foster care ~ don't care how on the ball these people might be they (like me) have to sleep, have to use the bathroom, etc. I feel it needs to be a lockdown unit.

We'll see ~ we'll see.

In the meantime, kt is telling everyone at the hospital what they want to hear - she's saavy. She's been in therapy of some sort since the age of 4.

I'm going to Cleveland ~ not only am I making it a priority so is my team. I'm seeing if I can leave a day early.

Lothlorien

Well, at least you know that she is somewhere safe and you can enjoy your weekend with the girls.

Sorry things have fired up again with her. I hope the funding comes through with Residential Treatment Center (RTC).

gcvmom

Here we go again!
I think I'd be worried about placement in anything other than an Residential Treatment Center (RTC) at this point, too.

I'm so glad you are still able to take a break from all of this! We'll be waiting for you :D

susiestar

Roll With It
Fingers crossed that things go well and no one is snowed by kt. I would balk at foster care also. You have more people in your home to help than any foster home I know of. I also don't think she would learn any good coping skills. Certainly the abandonment feelings she will have will undo many years of therapy. She will feel that you don't want her anymore.

I hope that funding is found and a bed in a good facility can be found.

I hope today's meeting goes well.