Ladies, I'm beyond bored SO.....

ctmom05

Linda,

If it's any consolation, I get a lot of satisfaction making things from scratch that can more easily be purchased at the store. For instance, I bake bread and many of the sweet snacks that we enjoy having around the house. Last night for dinner, I made mushroom stuffed ravioli from scratch - right down to rolling out the dough.

As you might guess, someone like me would consider homemade tootsie rolls a work of art<grin>

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Linda..........

Tootsie Rolls are the one candy I still enjoy. So I don't buy them except at halloween. This recipe is dangerous for me. lol I'm going to pretend I didn't see it. Except that I'm going to pass it on to Nichole as she'd get a kick out of making them for Aubrey. She's turning into quite the cook. :)

Kathy813

Staff member
I didn't even know that you could make tootsie rolls at home. Let us know how they turn out.

Anyone have the recipe for Hershey hugs?:rofl:

~Kathy

busywend

Linda, they might be the best Tootsie Rolls you ever eat! Good luck and let us know how they turn out.

busywend

Linda, they might be the best Tootsie Rolls you ever eat! Good luck and let us know how they turn out.

Andy

Well, if your boredom is going to lead you to making something new, chocolate is the way to go! I also love tootsie rolls.

Your next step is to purchase multi-colored tin foils (wonder if tiny cup cake papers would work?) and individually wrap them once they cool down.

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
Anyone have the recipe for Hershey hugs?:rofl:

~Kathy

Uggh! I'll bet it would start with wax as the number one ingredient!

Come to think of it, though--that's why homemade snacks are so much better. You use real ingredients and leave out all the chemicals, dyes and preservatives. The Food Channel featured recipes for homemade potato chips a while back that looked great....I've been trying to convinve husband to make his own rather than buy a bag full of grease and salt.

DazedandConfused

Ohhhhh myyy gooooodness. I love Tootsie Rolls!

I always picked them out of the kids Halloween candy. I also creep into my bosses' office to sneak them out of her candy bowl.

Linda, you've done a good and very dangerous deed today!

Last edited: