lasagna help!

jal

I've made lasagne both ways, cooking the noodles and with the no cook noodles. Both work well. Another trick if you boil the noodles after you drain them with a colander put them back into the pot and fill it with cold water. They will not stick. Then pull out one at a time as needed being sure to remove any excess cold water with a clean kitchen towel or your hands.

Fran

Former desparate mom
Coming in late too. Putting the pasta in the boiling water gently and stirring gently with a big cooking fork to keep them separated helps. Adding oil is also a good thing. Never just stir like they are one big clump. Rinse with cold water after draining then leave in water with oil while you assemble the lasagna.
We also put grated parmesan cheese in the ricotta with the spices. We used to add an egg but have gotten away from it.
After it is cooked(check the middle to make sure the cheese is melted) let it sit for 10 or 15 minutes to let it set.

Wiped Out

Staff member
OMG-lmao!! This thread is cracking me up! We had lasagna every Saturday for dinner when I was growing up. Now I only make it on special occasions, like tonight. Too funny that I read this right after I made ours! I do cook the noodles slightly for when I make lasagna but never when I make manicotti!