Late August check-in

Wiped Out

Staff member
Hey Ladies,
How's the healthy living going? Share your struggles and your successes!!

My success is that I've lost 21 pounds since the middle of April. I am only three pounds away from what I weighed when I was married. It feels good.

My struggles is that as I am getting back into the swing of things with heading back to work, I am less motivated to go to the club to work out. So far, husband and I are helping each other with this, but I worry that once we are going full speed ahead with the school year our motivation will wane.

My other struggle is today was such a bad day I've wanted to do quite a bit of emotional eating, for the most part I resisted, just hope I can keep doing so.

LittleDudesMom

Sharon, you have done fabulously!!!! You are to be commended on the weight you have lost. I mean, before losing the 21 you were already at your WW goal weight right?

I've really recommitted myself to exercise! My shoulder/arm injury is definately to carry some blame for my "falling off the wagon", but I know I can't blame in all on the arm. It's pretty much stabalized right now. Not 100% better, not extremely painful, just consistantly there.

With the new aquatic boot camp classes, I actually feel good. I told easy child that Thursday I felt healthier than I had in awhile!

I know this is going to sound really crazy, but I joined WW but am not looking at my weight losses. I tell the register lady to not tell me, then just stick my little book back in my purse and go in the meeting. I'm trying to put emphasis on how I feel. I know, strange....... I'm going to start looking next month........

I hope that once school starts, I will get back to doing at least two days of treadmill and start back on lower body weights.

The series of commercials the gym did back in April, featuring ME, are to start running Sept 1. How embarrasing that I'm not 50 pounds lighter by now.....

Sharon

Wiped Out

Staff member
Sharon,
Good for you for getting into the exercise!! The aquatic boot camp sounds like a ton of hard work but fun at the same time!

I don't think that it's crazy that you are not checking weights right now, going by how your clothes fit sounds like a good idea.

It sounds like you have a good plan for getting back to the treadmill and the weights:)

Keep up the great work!!

(by the way, I was one pound over my goal weight before I started losing but I always have my goal set at the top end of my range.)

M

ML

Sharon, good for you on focusing more on your heath and how you feel than a number. That's fantastic.

Sharon Way To Go on 21 pounds; that is truly remarkable.

I'm so grateful that my tests came back okay and I'm motivated more than ever to focus on healthy eating and habits.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Congrats to everyone for staying on track. Sharon, 21 lbs, wow! Way to go!

My success is that I joined WW last week and this Saturday at weight in I lost 2.8 lbs. Hey, I will take it, as it's a start.

My struggle has been learning to eat less each day. I'd gotten so used to constantly grazing that it's difficult to squeeze in a full day of food with a budget of only 20 points. But I am doing it. Choosing high fiber foods helps and I will admit I love figuring out the point values of my favorite foods!

My promise to myself is to continue to eat healthy and choose wisely, don't waste my precious points on high calorie, nutritionally empty foods and finally, to move more.

LittleDudesMom

I'm assuming that the 20 points is a misprint! Perhaps you meant 30? 20 points is almost at the minimum of 18.

There is no way I could survive on 20 points a day - my body would go into starvation mode (not to mention I would be a hungry unhappy camper)!!!!!!!!

Congrats on loosing your first 2.8 pounds. That's a fabulous start! The lady that leads my meeting said she was a "slow looser" and never, ever, in the year she was loosing did she loose a pound or more a week. She was always at point something!

I think the hardest thing for me now is the cooking for one. When easy child was living here I could cook for both of us and she enjoyed cooking the healthy meals too. Now with just me and the picky eating difficult child (although he will eat some of the things - but he is just not a veggie eater or a fish lover) it's tough. I'm trying to do the advance cook thing like cooking up some sliced chicken with peppers and onions at the beginning of the week and using that for salads or wraps.

I also buy at least one roasted chicken a week. difficult child loves chicken and I can do a lot with that. I also clean and prepare all my veggies at the beginning of the week - that way everything is ready to go. I plan out my dinners for the week and plan my breakfast before I go up to bed. My mornings are really fast here, especially the ones I get up at 4:30 and go to the gym on.

The more things I have planned out and prepared, the easier it goes.

A couple snacks that are low in points if you get hungry -
5 cups of 94% FF micro popcorn - Orville has a great kettle corn one
Fibre One Choc bar (my fav)
Small apple and a slice of 2% cheese
A Huge Glass of Water!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lots of Suger Free Gum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good luck Joe, keep up the good work!

Sharon

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Thanks for the tips Sharon. The 20 points is not a misprint, sadly. However, along with my 20 points/day, I can use some of my extra points that they give us, which is 35 a week. So, realistically, I could add 5 points per day and still be okay.

I get paid tomorrow so I plan on getting some low point snacks that are filling, such as the popcorn you mention! Hahah. All I have right now on hand, besides fruits and veggies, are those 1 or 2 pt snack bars.

I also plan ahead what I will have for breakfasts. Also, I buy at least 2-3 WW meals to keep at work in case I can't get away and have to eat there. They are life savers because there is no thinking involved - I can just eat it guilt free without having to calculate the points. And I only buy meals with 4 or less points anyway. In fact I try to make most of my meals 4 pts or less, so I have some wiggle room for wine or a snack.

Now if easy child would stop making delicious double chocolate layer cakes. Ugh.

LittleDudesMom

Jog, the WW bars, while good, are really expensive (don't shoot me Wiped!). For 2 points you could have a Choc Fiber One bar - they are delicious (and you can buy a huge box at costco) and much cheaper - more fiber too. I usually have one of those and a cup of tea for an afternoon snack!

Sharon

Wiped Out

Staff member
Actually, I'm with you Sharon! Couldn't make it through the day without my Chocolate Fiber 1 bars!!!!!!!!!!!! I also love the Fiber Plus bars-also very yummy!!!

Fiber 1 pancakes and yogurts are great as well!!!!

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Don't the Fiber One bars have that mediciny after taste? Like you just chewed a vitamin covered in chocolate? I hate that. I will try them and see. They sound good.

My favorite fiber rich standbys are anything "Kashi" brand. Not only is everything they make delicious, but it's filled with fiber and protien!! The only one I don't like is that cereal "Good Friends" - it's like eating what you'd use to help your kid make an Indian Longhouse or something, talk about dry and tasteless. BUT, everything else Kashi is amazing! I carry the bars everywhere.

When I bought the WW bars, I nearly fell down. I can't believe how freaking expensive they are!! I will never buy them again.

Another thing I LOVE LOVE LOVE in the morning is a 1 cup serving of the non-fat, vanilla greek yogurt, Chobani with one cup of berries or some other one point fruit mixed in. Yummy and only 1 pts! I follow that up with a 2pt kashi bar (my fave is the honey almond flax bar) for 2 more pts.

What I need to learn more about is 0 pt snacks. That is what I'm doing today - hitting up the WW site!

Star*

call 911........call 911
I wanted to wait until I had something to really share.

Since March I've been trying very hard to change my life and got on some medicine recently - I think 3 months or so.

I was....last October 280 lbs. I'm 5'9" so that's still pretty big. :mad: Okay it's morbidly obese. :( My sugar was 200. :faint: Size 24-26 :angry-very:

I got on the scales - I'm 210.
My sugar is 114
And cruising towards a size 14 -at the Dress Barn (what a lovely name)

I'm working with a famous Australian scientist on a facial lotion for the Rosacea, taking orenca antibiotics and using some other junk...so my face is fairly normal.

I have a sugar free lifestyle and only cheated with 2 mini cup cakes for my birthday and my Moms (1) which if you knew me is HUGE.

My shoes fit - my clothes are falling off....and if anyone here is a hair person and can tell me something that will help long hair from falling out - I'm listening. I shed more than a cat.

Thanks for asking! Feeling a lot better and now after 44 years of being a grump in the morning? I don't eat after 7:00 PM - and WOW the difference after 1 week of being able to move in the morning is ASTOUNDING.

Even my arthritis doesn't hurt so much. (It's not Winter yet - but ...)

:D

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
:D:bravo::bravo:OMG - Star! I am jumping up and down for you!! Way to GO!!!!!!!

Whatever you're doing, keep on doing it. Wow, I am inspired!

For the hair, I would use a homemade shampoo (look one up on line) and make sure that your daily vitamin has panthonen and biotin (sp?). There are a lot of home remedies that work well. Stay away from very fragrant shampoos. And some medications will make hair fall out, so look at that as well. Zoloft made difficult child's hair fall out in clumps after 3 years with no issues.

I'm so psyched for you!!