Learned a Valuable Lesson Tonight

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Don't follow your brainy daughter's advice on whether a given class is "easy". :scared:

Since the only way I could take Anatomy and Physiology this quarter was online..... easy child says it's super easy online. So, both Nichole and I decided to take the plunge.

Just went into the "virtual classroom" for my first assignment. Now I feel like I'm 8 yrs old again. Overwhelmed and confused.

I think it's probably just the way this instructor does things. But I'm feeling like I'm having to look 20 different places to find assignments, and 5 other different places to send those assignments. If that isn't bad enough, her instructions on how to actually DO the assignments are vague. :surprise: The instructor's got us doing lab work when we've yet to be given a reading assignment. (at least that I could find)

We really need an emote for ripping out your hair. :crazy:

I got my assignments in on time. But only because Nichole had done it first, and I got the lowdown from her. :bag:

Guess this is sort of an embarrassed vent. :rofl:

I hope I can catch on to this instructor's way of doing things. :rolleyes:

busywend

I have been there done that! Just go in often. Take short spurts at looking around in there. Things often seem to look different - or you get that Aha! moment when you leave and come back. Try to think like the professor for a couple days and write down everything you think is going on. Then communicate with the professor what you think you should be doing.

Good luck! I am still finishing up my last 2 classes! UGH! It is soooo time consuming!

Fran

Former desparate mom
Persistence is the best way to go. Just keep at it. Eventually you will get the hang of things.

DammitJanet

Online classes are not as easy as they sound...lol.

My best advice is to really figure out the layout of the virtual classroom. They have certain places for different things. When I took mine you had to write on a message board, send in assignments, check for assignments, blah blah blah...and some things were not posted until a certain day of the week. There was a place that had links to information that could be useful for this class.

If all else fails, go find that professor and have them explain it.

Kathy813

Staff member
My difficult child has signed up for 3 online classes out of the 4 that she is taking. I'm a little concerned about that since online classes take a lot of self discipline.

She ran into some problems initially with her online password for access to the classes. Her college has a phone number dedicated to help for online class issues. She was able to resolve her problems with their help.

As Janet said, there should also be a link on the class website that helps you with the process of submitting assignments.

It does take a little while to get used to using the online setup but it's great once you get used to it. I completed my master's degree completely online and loved the freedom that it gave me in setting up my own schedule for getting things done.

But then I was very self disciplined and stuck religiously to a daily schedule for getting my work done.

I'm sure that you will do great, Lisa! :you_go_girl:

~Kathy

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Well, I *think* I have the format of the online class figured out now. My problem was they changed the whole darn thing. And in my opinion made it alot more complicated than necessary. :rolleyes:

Never had any trouble with the 2 online classes I had last year. But this format has your homework/lab work in several different places, PLUS the email. :hammer:

I'd hate to see how the students who've never taken an online course are cussing. lol

Here's a chuckle....easy child took a look at the format today and went "HUH?" :rofl: Made me and Nichole feel better. lol

HaHa, at least Nichole and I got our first assignments in on time. :smile:

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> at least Nichole and I got our first assignments in on time. </div></div>

:bravo: :thumb: :smile:

Suz