Least expensive sites for air travel and car rental?

Scent of Cedar *

Which are the best sites for air travel and/or car rental? Sold the winter-ready car and bought a cute little thing that can't go in snow. Now, we need make a trip to Minnesota.

Thanks, guys.

Cedar

Tiapet

Old Hand
Kayak.com and BookingBuddy.com both compare them all at once so they may actually be the most helpful! BookingBuddy has a garauntee listed (see the asterisk on site).

Hope that may help you.

recoveringenabler

Staff member
I do comparisons online because sometimes it can be cheaper to actually buy airline tickets directly from the airline. Try Jet Blue, Virgin and SouthWest, they seem to have the cheapest flights, but they don't fly everywhere. Generally, if I have the time to keep checking around, I find the best prices. You can also Google, 'cheapest flights to "Miami" or wherever you're going.

Last time I traveled i found out that if you are a CostCo member, they offer discounted rental cars. It was substantial too. That may be true for Sam's club too. I usually do comparisons online because they are all so competitive, but usually Enterprise is the cheapest here. But Budget & Alamo can have good prices too. AAA and Aarp offer discounts. You can also Google, 'cheapest car rental prices to 'Miami,' as well. Cruising online in that way has given me some great prices for traveling.

Good luck!

susiestar

Roll With It
This may be a bit late, but always clear your browser history BEFORE you commit. Then you are a 'new' customer and get better deals as a first time user.

Some airports are vastly cheaper to fly out of. When we lived in OH we generally drove 2 hrs to Indianapolis rather than using the Cinci airport. The least we saved was around $250 per round trip ticket. Indy is a hub, or was then, and that extra drive meant that we saved BIG when we all flew. So check airports that you can get to and not just the closest one if you are able to drive a bit further.