Legal question

klmno

If anyone knows any general law, I have a legal question I'd like to ask thru PM. It's not a case-specific type of question.

InsaneCdn

I'm Canadian, not US, but in general the principles are the same.
You'll probably need more than one opinion anyway - you're welcome to PM me if you would like.

susiestar

Roll With It
Go ahead and pm me. I will answer as best I can and I can send a message to a friend who is a paralegal and also do some research if that is helpful. (((((hugs)))))

Mattsmom277

Like insane, I'm in Canada and not the US. But like her offer, I'm open to run anything by and I studied as a legal assistant here, as well as a college corrections program. If its something I might have input that could be helpful, feel free to pm me here (I'll try to log in more often to see) or pm me on facebook. Hope someone has the answer to whatever your inquiry is.

buddy

My law advocate from the Disability law center said that a well known attorney from VA came to talk about disability rights and specifically talked about a case he worked on about a police situation. (She actually mentioned that the.imunity.law. made it tough to get kustice there.....) She couldn't remember the name. She will ask others but if he spoke here I wonder if the VA Disability law center/legal aid would know of him or anyone else. When people are considering free work, she said referrals from them are often accepted. Lots of times they have a personal reason to help people with mental health or other disabilities (for example, one lawyer here had a daughter who killed herself and this is how she works through some of it)...
It's just a thought. If she remembers the name I'll pass it on.
They'd likely be able to answer general questions anyway.......

My sister is an attorney in NYC. I can pick her brain wth any questions, or I can ask her if she will talk to you directly. PM me your questions or phone number.