Lesson in kicked out of vehicle taken too far

eekysign

A friend's mom left her and her little sister on the side of the turnpike in Jersey when friend was 8 and sis was 5. An hour later, someone finally stopped, took them to a phone and called their Aunt to come get them. Mom got 'em back the next day. To be fair, she never left them again. But they weren't even difficult children.

God, I hate people sometimes.

Lothlorien

On the side of the TURNPIKE????:wildone:

For those of you who don't know...Turnpike is I95.... speed limit is 65, but most do 85. Three to five lanes of traffic....lots of trucks. DANGEROUS for even an adult to be walking on the side of the road, nevermind an 8 and 5 year old. That is just disgusting!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Ok. Now......I've never needed to do it. I've found simply pulling the car off the road and refusing to budge until unwanted behavior stops enough.

BUT...........(there is always a but, huh? lol)

For me, it would depend on the circumstances. Teens, maybe. Certainly not young kids. And OMG!! ON the Turnpike!!!!! EEK!! Surroundings also need to be taken into account as well.

My Mom has done it. And not always just in the car situation. Once I was about 15 and she couldn't find me in a store we were shopping in the mall. (I was like 10 feet away at the time) Instead of looking for me, she got in the car and went home.

Took me about an hour to decide she'd left. Another two hours to walk the 10 miles home. I was so enraged by the time I got there I went full blown difficult child on her. Walking that far in 20 degree weather, snow, when you're not dressed for it is NOT fun, nor pleasant.

Last time I ever went shopping with her.

Like I said, I don't have much problem with it concerning much older kids......but good grief, parents must at least use good judgment. Sounds like with these girls she could've just went down the road a bit and stopped to give them a 2nd chance. sheesh

Got to give this Mom some credit.......at least she searched for them....and didn't just leave them to fend for themselves.

Star*

call 911........call 911
How bad does your life have to BE or your stress levels get to that THIS was the ONLY option??

WOW - talk about a family in crisis.

:confused:

eekysign

Janet, eeky said that she knew of someone who left their two kids on the side of the turnpike in NJ.

Her Mom's a piece of work. That's probably the least shocking behavior this woman's ever exhibited. Sadly, she's not a bad person - as in, she doesn't mean to be horrible - she's just nuts, but functionally nuts, so she gets away with it.

I'm assuming that's I-95 - my friend just said "the jersey turnpike", and they lived in the north end of the state. I haven't spent much time there. :)