Lest you think I have too much time on my hands...

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
here's another handy tip of the day.

I've been recycling the yearly slew of catalogs that come this time each year. I hang onto a few that I order from all year long.

One of those is a gardening catalog - already dreaming of spring & the planting season (missed last years); I showed husband what I'd like to do with the backyard this coming spring. Nothing huge or expensive but it will make a huge visual impact.

Having said that my next catalog was the company I order my bird seed & other supplies for my bird sanctuary from. This company has all sorts of supples - it's the Petco of the mail order industry.

Here's what I found & I'm so excited because I'm going to do it!

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=3307+18+570&pcatid=570

husband is less than thrilled with the concept - I like the idea of a doggy septic system. I think husband knows he'll be doing the majority of the install work & the upkeep.

And it may be less thrilling as I continue treatment for whatever is going on in my brain.

You know that old saying "poop patrol, can't live with it - pass the beer nuts". :crazy: :rofl: God, I'm tired this morning!

F

flutterbee

I really like that idea. Guess what I'll be getting, too? easy child will be thrilled! :rofl:

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Cool. Not that I can afford it.

I "recycle" what I can by putting around yard plants. The rest the trash guys get. I used to feel guilty about the latter, til I got a whiff of a bag of Aubrey's dirty diapers. :faint: :rofl:

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
If only you could train those dogs to lift the lid and go there.....now that's something I could get excited about buying!!!!!!!

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: WhymeMom?</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If only you could train those dogs to lift the lid and go there.....now that's something I could get excited about buying!!!!!!! </div></div>

Seriously! Our pup Nala *almost* never has an accident in the house. Only when she isn't taken out, but guess where she goes? Every single time since she was a baby?? RIGHT in front of the toilet!! I think if she had longer legs and opposing thumbs, she would just climb right up there, do her business, and flush - she's such a clean little pup! Haha!

If you feed your dogs/cats a raw food diet, their waste turns to gray dust clumps within days and disintegrates within a week. Virtually no clean up is necessary, except maybe in summer when you're walking around the yard barefoot! Thankfully, Nala only goes #2 in the woods. And the raw diet is healthier for your pet.

Star*

call 911........call 911
I have one - really. And the only thing I can tell you is - to be SURE you can keep affording the chemicals it takes to brew poo.

We used it every single day (you will also need to get the LONG handled pooper scooper contraption) until the brew ran out and then someone forgot to get it, and then someone kept cleaning up and one thing led to another and...well it took quite a while for the enzymes to work while we um...waited for it to um...go down??

DF said it was just easier to go out with the scoop and a pail, dig a hole and be done with it. I haven't used ours in a while - so it should be ready to go. Maybe I will ask Santa Paws to bring enzymes.

They do work pretty good when they work but I basically have horses - the best thing we did was switch from Purina Pro Plan to Nutro. Less waste of food and less waste in the yard. They eat less of it too and get fuller quicker because it is a better dog food. Expensive - but it balances out and you come out ahead of feeding cheaper dog foods that are mostly fillers and bi-products. The best way to test is to see what the first three ingredients on the bag of food you are currently feeding and if they aren't meat, like lamb, beef, chicken, venison it's mostly filler.

Good luck with getting your dog-pot.

When I got ours DF rolled - oh and the little stomper pedal only lifts the lid about 3/4 of the way so you have to have good aim with your shovel or scoop - that wasn't fun!

Star