lets just all put good juju out there for this opportunity for Cory

DammitJanet

I dont know, Im just thrilled that a kid who didnt graduate 9th grade and has felonies on his record is getting the chance to have a good job. The employer knows all about his record and that he doesnt have a license. He will just ride on a van with other people. This could be his ticket into the normal world. He wont be making a mint but he will be great deal more than he could slinging burgers.

buddy

Well I could dream for him! But really, this would be so great. That business is going no where for a long time....this should be good security for him. So proud of him!

Mattsmom277

This is awesome Janet :) I can see your thinking about perhaps Mandy moving on once she has all that time without Cory around. I agree one would wish parents would stick it out. This situation though has been "less than ideal" and whatever happens or doesn't with them two, this is a awesome opportunity for Cory and I am so happy for him and glad that he didn't allow the Mandy relationship to hold him back. That part of life will fall into whatever place it does, but meanwhile Cory has proven he is much better than his resume "on paper". My Matt has the same lack of graduation from school, and in two short years on his own is doing pretty darn well for himself. From no job experience to a fairly comfortable life. Your Cory is doing the same and its fantastic. I wish him all of the best. Onward and upward for Cory!!!

DammitJanet

Ya never know, Mandy may sow a few oats and then settle down. No one ever thought Tony and I would be together this long. Cory's a lot like both his father and me put together. He really got the best and worst of both of us. Neither of us can deny he is our boy.

Tiapet

Old Hand
Congratulations to Cory! I really do hope this all works out in the end and not turning into a big mess of another nature. I worry about the baby even more now.

DammitJanet

Cory got home from his training tonight and he is just beaming. I dont think his feet are actually touching the ground..lol. He says he cant really believe this is happening to him. He stumbled on to a really good job. Perfect for him. Now it has the potential to be quite dangerous and I am going to worry constantly and make him promise to call me every night because he will be climbing cell towers anywhere from 300-700 feet high. He spent the week learning to put stuff together and rappel off water towers and tall buildings...lol. He said that was scary the first time but then it got fun. They have to climb up and down with ropes. I guess sending him to wilderness camp paid off!

But this is a real job, for a real company with a salary and benefits like insurance and vacation and retirement. Even a 401K. No matter what they make sure he is at home for at least 7 straight days a month paid so he really only works 3 weeks out of a month but he is out of town. Not always sure where though. This next 3 weeks will be NM, after that we wont know. Supposedly they are grooming this batch of guys to be project managers for the newer guys that come in later. You have no idea how hard I am praying this all goes well for him.

JJJ

That is so awesome for Cory!

One concern....is Mandy going to step up and take care of McKenzie??

buddy

Oh my gosh, this all sounds just so good. I worry for the baby without him, but he has to provide for his family. So proud of him for doing this. I pray it allows him to reach his dreams!

rejectedmom

o glad he is liking it and was able to actually enjoy the climbing and repeling. Sefinately not the job for someone with fear of heights but a great on fo Cory _RM