Let's share meal ideas- easy and low-fat

buddy

THANKS for posting back.... really wanting a happy holiday for you and your family. I hope there is not a huge co-pay but at this point, a copay is well worth your recovery! Good job hanging in there, you posted you wanted to stay accountable, lol.... see whacha get???

I know...the co-pay will be worth it. The program is 5 hours a day, 3 days a week. I will not go to work during this time. I will use my sick days, and I also pay extra for an Aflack type of thing so I can do this. I just need them to call me back. Then I'll call the Aflack type co and find out what I need to have the dr. fill out or whatever, Thursday would just be the initial meeting. I hope it all works out, it has to.

buddy

I used to have that extra insurance when I worked too, really good stuff. I am thrilled you have that. I just got a message from Jess' sisters, they are missing her so much. I didn't tell them anything at all about you, but did say that her story touched someone... to give them comfort that she lives on in others. Get better for yourself, but know it will help others, some out there who are just watching and listening...and for sure your family too. luv, Dee

DammitJanet

UAN....I always think about you. I'd be happy to give you a bit of a donation of excess me...lmao! I have so much to spare I would never miss it. (wink)

DDD

Kitchen cleanup is a real psychological downer...especially when you're down to start off. I'm sure you all are tired of hearing it, lol, but I have reduced the mess alot by using heavy duty alum. foil, double folded, to bake most things. If they are big and heavy then I completely line the pan with the foil so cleanup is a breeze. I also use disposable plates and cups to keep difficult child and husband from leaving a mess when snacking or having lunch. husband complains a bit about the $$'s for disposables, sigh, but I figure it pays for itself since there is less water running and fewer loads in the wife. Probably in a few years I'll switch over to disposable premade alum oven safe pans and that will make it even easier. I feel so much better when the kitchen is cleaned up pronto. DDD

DammitJanet

I am going to start with the foil cooking. I have attempted to switch to the paper plates if I can get people to actually use them. I have a huge stack of them in the pantry now but I am the only one that uses them most of the time. I have also attempted to cut down on cups by giving everyone ONE cup each...lol. Color coded. I am the only one who has managed to stick to that system. I have a 28 oz cup with a screw on lid with spout. At one time I tried to go with one plate each that I wrote on with a sharpie marker with our names but the sharpie washed off..lol. I thought they were permanent markers! I was going to give us all one plate that had a bowl shape to it and one set of silverware to take care of and put everything else away. That didnt last long.