Let's start a Detachment Summer Camp!

dashcat

Kids get to go to sports camp, science camp, horse camp and theater camp.

We need a Detachment Camp! (or at leasat, I seem to need it quite badly).

It could be somewhere warm, preferably with a beach (Maui?), no cell phones would be allowed, nobody would be allowed to check their kid's FB or Tumblr (guilty here!), it would be impossible for us to provide rides, post bail, babysit or listen to an ounce of drama.

We would refresh ourselves with margaritas, big fat novels that we did not get in the self-help section of the bookstore, and we'd attend workshops that would arm is with mega-detachment skills as we return home to our real iives.

Any takers?
Dash

CrazyinVA

Staff member
I'm in. As long as it's a place with hot bartenders/cabana boys.

I would like my cell phone in order to post updates on FB to taunt my difficult children, however.. while simultaneously having each of their numbers blocked...

dashcat

There will be cabana boys for all the single ladies and cabana wahini's if any single gents join us. The cabana boys will show the utmost respect to our married folk and will distrubute margaritas all around while fanning us with palm leaves.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Who says I want respect???

I want to be flirted with and cooed over and made to feel ohhhhhhh so beautiful! :rofl: :flirtysmile3::cutie_pie::lipstick:

dashcat

Then all you have to do, Janet, is to opt out of the respect clause in the contract This will send the boys into full throttle flirting.

DammitJanet

Well, Im in! But I have to do the time warp back and forth to do the Grandma thing. That doesnt kick me out of detachment does it? I have recitals, pageants, birthdays and pre-school graduations coming up! Grandma is gonna be busy and then need a nap...lol.

dashcat

That's fine, Janet. You can use the helicopter for the Grandma things but talking to any of your kids is forbidden. And, of course, we don't need to pack. The resort will have those big, thick terrycloth robes and we'll just buy everything else. I'll bring a corkscrew just in case.

Who's Raoul?