Let's vote!

mstang67chic

Going Green
Ok, so...as for the states, the majority of us seem to be located either on the East Coast (or that general vicinity) or in the Midwest.

For the preferences on location, we have Midwest, central US (easy for all of us), Vegas, and the East coast. (either SC or NC)

Length of time ranges from a long weekend up to a full week.

The time of year kind of goes all over. Mostly it was suggested for when there is no school. Others were spring, fall or between April and October.

So.......from those choices, what is your preference in each category? (Where, how long and when)

Also, I think we're in agreement that this will be difficult child free unless there are special circumstances. What about husband/wife's and/or SO's. Yes or no? Honestly, we COULD use some errand boys (Thanks Totoro! hee hee)

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Would picking some actual places to choose from help anyone else? Like Chicago, or a beach house in the Carolinas or the smokey mountains?

Lothlorien

I vote for Pennsylvania, but would be willing to go as far as Ohio or even W. Virginia. I could go south, too, but if you want something more centrally located, Ohio is kind of middle of the road for all of us East Coasters, without being too far out of the way.

Star*

call 911........call 911
I'm all for Ohio - I should be there by next year - and someplace neat - like what?

I'm not bringing any kids or any DF - I VAHNT TO BE ALONE.

I vote long weekend. 2009-2010

Hugs

trinityroyal

With regard to the location, I'm wide open. If there is a majority preference, then please feel free to lump my vote in with that.

Duration, I think 4 days of planned activities, with a more casual before-and-after for those who arrive a bit early and those who stay late.

I think that we should keep this difficult child-free. It would be very hard to kick back and enjoy ourselves if we have to spend most of our time worrying about, dealing with, or otherwise wrangling our difficult children.

With regard to husband's, wife's and SO's, I'm of two minds. I have been "And Guest" at other people's gatherings before and it's either been a scream or deadly dull, depending on the gathering. I need to think about that some more.

With regard to the timing, again, my preferences are not strong and my schedule is fairly flexible, so I'm willing to go along with the majority opinion on this.

So many decisions, so much waffling from Trinity...

If you're sort of at a "calm" place in difficult child-land, still welcome??? I love this board and even though I'm at a good place, this board brings me much peace and great thoughts!! My pick would be a Carolina beach, or the panhandle of FL. I live 45 minutes from Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg, TN, so that would be OK, too, but NOTHING beats the beach!! DHs or SOs are fine with me, but fine without them. I would so love to meet people that helped me with advice through h***ish times 3-4 years ago, and give hope to those still in that place.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Heck yes, Terry! In my book, if it weren't for folks like you blazing trails for us, we'd have no hope!

everywoman

Anywhere is fine with me. My vote is husband-less----only because I don't want to have to keep him entertained the whole time. I'm selfish and want to be able to spend time with all of ya'll seperate from him.

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
I am pretty much OK with the travel... since none of ya'll live near me... 'cept for a few of you. I vote for no difficult child... as far as I am concerned... but I am open to whatever...

No drama is my motto!!!
I can stay as long as you let me...
So like Trinity said lump me in the middle of the mess... Waffle cone...

totoro

If possible I would like to go somewhere at least destination'y... maybe on a beach or near one... or with a pool... or with history??? Museums... anything??? Culture??? Throw a girl a bone... just in case we go anywhere??? I am also more than happy sitting around a pool, playing go fish and gabbing!!!
Or even sitting in a room staring at each other... for 3 days...

totoro

I have never been to VEGAS!!! I have no clue how to gamble!!! But I would give it a try... I would raid the kids piggy banks... that could be fun?!?!?!

VickiL

Vegas is great and I could just stop by on my way to see my family in the high desert of CA. My mom, stepdad, sister (and as of tomorrow Justin and Ashley and the baby), are 2 1/2 hrs from there!!

DammitJanet

I vote for either the carolina's or I could probably make Ohio...dont know that I have ever been there...lol. If you are looking for both solitude and action...staying in the lower beaches of NC...like Shallote, or even Calabash would make it only a 20 minute ride or so into the Myrtle beach area.

I wouldnt bring any difficult child's...lol. Well unless you count me! I dont know if Tony could come but even if he did, he would go fishing because that is just what he does...lol.

susiestar

Roll With It
Ohio is fine with me. I can probably even dump my kids for a day or 4 if husband and/or my folks can't take them (relatives in OH).

Vegas is fine. Beach is ok, would very much like to be someplace with a hot tub for my achy bones.

Susie

Wiped Out

Staff member
I'm not sure I can make it so I don't think I should vote but I would love it if it were in the summer because then I might have a chance to make it!