Letter from the principal

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
General letter sent home today. Personally, I find it hysterical, simply because I've seen the other side of this woman. The side that outright said she didn't want my child in her school. I have managed to refrain from adding my personal comments to the letter....

"Fall is here and bringing changing leaves, changing weather, and parent/teacher conferences. Our goal each is year is 100% participation! You will get your child’s report card at conferences. I know you will do everything you can to attend your child’s conference. There is no stronger team than parents and teachers working together to help your child succeed.
…
(short blurb about her family) All kids respond differently to the school environment. As parents we sometimes assume that skills will come naturally to our children because it has been easy for us, or because it was easy for their siblings to acquire a skill.

Whether with behavior or academics, different children require different amounts of support to be successful in the school environment. When you come to parent/teacher conferences, talk to your child’s teacher about strategies that you can use at home to increase your child’s success at school. Your child’s teacher is an expert in teaching children.

As always, please feel free to contact me. My job is to help your child succeed."

shellyd67

Lies, Lies, and more lies .... I think this woman believes her own lies too ! Nice generic letter about how much she cares blah, blah, blah !

susiestar

Roll With It
(You may want to swallow your beverage of choice before you read this reply.)

She sure is good at slinging the BS. I bet she would set records if entered into one of those elephant chip throwing contests!

(yes, we are rather backwards here. Every year when the circus comes to town they have an elephant poop throwing contest. They let the poop dry and then have people compete to see how far they can throw it. There are also some buffalo ranches that have big roundup festivals with buffalo poop throwing contests.)

For some reason I think this lady would be a pro at those contests!

I must confess that a few years ago my mother paid good $$ to buy a frisbee for my kids that looked like it was a round of bull doodoo. I only WISH I were joking. (Please us a clean towel to wipe the coffee off your monitor now.)

slsh

member since 1999
There is no stronger team than parents and teachers working together to help your child succeed.

Whether with behavior or academics, different children require different amounts of support to be successful in the school environment.

My job is to help your child succeed."[/SIZE][/FONT]

I'd say these are excellent "tools" for the next IEP mtg. Make her put up or pipe down. :devil:

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
My personal fav is the "your child's teacher is an expert"..."ask them how to help your child"....

Combined with the fact that she told me to "trust her"

Would like Dr Phil to look at us, then look at her and say..."How's that workin' out for ya? Miss "expert""