Letter to Santa

Malika

J wanted to write to Father Christmas so I took down his letter in dictation. Here it is:

Dear Santa
I hope you are well. Please, Santa, can you get me toys? Please could I have a toy gun, a toy for Pup and a present for Mummy? I think your presents are nice and can you come to tennis and everywhere? Please can I have a DS when I am 7? Are the dwarves naughty? Please, Santa, can you get me a police car?
A kiss.
love Jacob

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
How sweet!!!

DS when he's 7... He plans ahead! Sweet. And so far as that goes, Pup and Mummy probably love him to bits right now.

Dwarves... Suddenly I got an image of Grumpy, Happy, Sneezy, Sleepy and Dopey trying to make gifts... Must be a culture thing?

Malika

How sweet!!!

DS when he's 7... He plans ahead! Sweet. And so far as that goes, Pup and Mummy probably love him to bits right now.

Dwarves... Suddenly I got an image of Grumpy, Happy, Sneezy, Sleepy and Dopey trying to make gifts... Must be a culture thing?

Ah yes, explanations... He has started asking for a DS for Christmas, having seen an older boy with one. It starts already! I do not want him getting one now and have told him they are only for children of 7 and older :) The dwarves... no, not cultural. He means "elves". Oh - and the "I hope you are well" was my inspiration... The presents for the dog and me were his idea, however. :)

buddy

OH I absolutely love that.

Q just told me that he has mailed two letters to Santa... OH really? I guess he wrote them at MOA, there and mailed them. He wants a dsi, a phone, an iPod, anything electronic... well he is getting none of those, hope he likes what he gets... sigh. (by the way, I just asked him, what do you think Santa thinks of your behavior with Integrated Listening Systems (ILS) tonight? he said, "well he is on the first floor, we were on the fourth" OMG

Malika

Lol, Buddy. Does Q still believe in Santa? I was hoping (foolishly, no doubt) to avoid all this by having told J when we were in Morocco that Father Christmas was a nice story made up for children... But now the collective myth has taken over, of course, so I am going with the flow and letting him believe in the preposterous tale :)

LittleDudesMom

I have every letter my kids have ever written to Santa! I always told the "elf" at the mall when the kids were getting their pics taken that I wanted the letters back and they always slipped them to me before we left!

I'm a sucker for Santa letters!

Sharon

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Last night Jett said he wanted a month of unlimited time on the XBox... I told him Santa had to check his grades just like me and husband do.

He got all serious and said, "How did he get the password?!"

I told him I write to Santa, too, and included it...

buddy

Lol, Buddy. Does Q still believe in Santa? I was hoping (foolishly, no doubt) to avoid all this by having told J when we were in Morocco that Father Christmas was a nice story made up for children... But now the collective myth has taken over, of course, so I am going with the flow and letting him believe in the preposterous tale :)

Yes, and I will not tell him because we still have two in our family who believe and are little, he would tell them if I said anything, and it seems he wants to believe. So after saying that I asked, well waht about his elves (we often say the elves are watching for santa and report all the things kids do) and he said, OH those guys? THEY were fake. I said, huh? why? He said, "I could tell by their clothes" LOL.

I always tell him that Santa knows if you are really trying or not and so he will never have anything to worry about.