%*#&#@&%(!!! Liar

CrazyinVA

Staff member
I've always looked at Oldest's lying as just another manifestation of her personality disorder. It's fairly typical from what I've read and have been told by professionals. Maybe it's a separate disorder for her, I don't know -- guess it doesn't really matter since she won't get help anyway. She rarely admits to the truth, even when it's presented to her with proof: she just tells you that the proof is wrong.

The most bizarre lie she ever told was to her employer years ago: she called in and said she wouldn't be in because her sister had been hit by a car. Worked great until her stepmother happened to walk into the store a few hours later, and the clerk recognized her last name and asked how Youngest was. Her dad called our house in panic, Youngest answered the phone, and that one blew up in Oldest's face. Her answer? She didn't remember making the call, she was feeling so sick. Ha.

Lil

Ok, other than the lying to make themselves look good it fits our son to a tee! For the most part, he has convinced himself that the BS he slings is true and even when he acknowledges its not true its never his fault.

For the most part, I'd agree with you there.

As for the other, you're probably right. I was always the person most likely to say yes. I have a sign in my office someone gave me on "How to really love a child" and one of the many things on the list is, "Say yes when possible, say no when necessary." I always did that. But you know part may just be that he is kind of a Mama's boy. Always was.

Jabberwockey

That's exactly the kind of lie our son tells. One that's easily verified and not really necessary. I don't know if the lying is its own disorder or part of another one but its frustrating. And he adamantly denies the need for any help because asking for help would be acknowledging that he had done something wrong. Bizarrely enough, he doesn't really consider asking US for help as asking for help.

But you know part may just be that he is kind of a Mama's boy.

And I understand this honey. Doesn't change the fact that its irritating.

Lil

And I understand this honey. Doesn't change the fact that its irritating.

And hurtful. I know it is. But I do think it's less about YOU than you think it is.

I think it's a combination of:
1. I've been the one he called because it's literally easy to call me.
2. I've been the one more likely to say yes so he's more likely to get his way.

BusynMember

Some trivia about Lithium and bedwetting: Sonic took Lithium for three years...ugh, but that's another story. He didn't need it. But he wet his bed every single day he took it. When he stopped, it stopped. He had never wet his bed before Lithium either. I assume it's related. That's probably what the bedwetting is about.

Terry, sorry husband is being so insensitive. Maybe you two need counseling about how to continue with difficult kid? Maybe hub is thinking that he's eighteen and he's tired of it. Most/many of us do not continue to be so hands on with our kids once they turn eighteen. I think it gets harder the older they get, even if they don't seem to mature in any way.

pasajes4

I would think twice about allowing him to shred bank papers, credit card statements, or any papers that might have information he could use to obtain money or goods. he has proven that he is not trust worthy.

TerryJ2

Oh, lol, thank you pasajes4, but these are from 1992.
I'm a little slow when it comes to cleaning out files.
Those banks don't even exist any more. I think the Chinese probably bought them out, lol!
I still think they need to be shredded, though, because they show income and outgo and detailed expenditures on credit cards, etc.