Lie to Me

susiestar

Roll With It
Has anyone watched this show? I just love it! The way they show the expressions and things is just fascinating.

I was at the show's website and learned they work very very closely iwth the man who DID invent deception detection training. It is something anyone can learn.

I wondered if specialized training like that in facial expressions and what they mean could help our kids with autism? At least maybe the higher functioning ones? If they learn what facial expressions mean, and then can pay enough attention to facial expressions, would this be a way of opening up a whole new world for them?

Just thinking.

eekysign

It's amazing. The whole household (all 4 of us!) is into it. And as much as we're all good friends, we don't usually have similar tastes. SO much fun.

susiestar

Roll With It
I really like the show. We get satellite this Sat, so I can watch it on the tv then. Right now I watch it on my computer. If you go to Fox.com you can watch all the episodes online.

I was just wondering if this kind of training could maybe help our Aspies and other kids with challenges recognizing facial expressions?

Star*

call 911........call 911
Your hair is green and the sandman is real.

Must I continue to lie to you?

How long (drapes arm over forehead) shall I verbalize the madness? :laugh:

DammitJanet

I had training in this type of thing when I was an investigator...it really is interesting. Which way people look when remembering an event vs. making up something. Reading expressions, body language...yeah...it was interesting.