lies,,

lillians

lillians
omg,, the lies are getting bigger than life,,,i listened this week while she spoke on the phone telling that she was drinking a slurpy and put whiskey in it so she was getting drunk,,,not,,,and that her brother attacks her with a knife,,not,,,, and we are mean,, not,, well in whose eyes,,lol,,,so many lies,, to many serious ones to count,,, i hope this to shall pass before we all end up in jail

Jena

i'm so sorry you are having a rough time of it and the continued lying. Hopefully the new year will bring about some positive change in this area.....??

(((hugs)))

Andy

Try handing her a journal and say, "You have such a vivid imagination,I bet you would enjoy writing stories." Then every time she lies, tell her to write it in her journal, maybe someday it will be published as fictional but don't try to pass it as truth.

B

bran155

My daughter is the same way. She lies about everything. She is a story teller. And she is just so darn good at it. She is very convincing. It took me a long time to realize that most of what she says is either a bold faced lie or a very stretched truth. She has told people that I beat her. What a contradiction!!! She is the abuser.

I know how you feel. It is very frustrating. And sad that we cannot believe what our children say.

Hang in there. :)

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
We are trying to get K to journal. She will not write yet. But she is drawing.
I like this idea.

lillians

lillians
our daughter has a very low iq,, her reading and spelling are outrageous at best,,evn on comp i have to be withing yelling distance to spell out things,,i doubt a journal would be do able,,but i will try

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
Hello Lillians--

We can tell that our daughter (difficult child) is lying if her lips are moving.

The trouble is, because she was born with the face of an angel, everyone else finds her stories incredibly convincing. And the tales she tells are more than enough to get her father and I arrested. The only way we have avoided police or CPS action has been to be very visible at her school and constantly touching base with her teachers and the school counselors.

That way, when a worried parent calls the school because their child heard about a girl being kept in a closet, starved, beaten with chains, etc, etc, the school is very familiar with difficult child and our family and can assure the parent that there is no substance to the rumors of child abuse. This has happened a few times throughout the years...I cannot imagine how things might have turned out if the school had turned these reports over to the authorities!

If your child is spinning these kinds of yarns...please make sure that the people around you know the truth. If the police show up at your door it may be too late!

lillians

lillians
we have already had experiences we choose not to speak of,,, lol child protection,, school neighbours,, yu name itpolice if its not lying its fighting or stealing

Steely

So many hugs. I am so sorry.

I guess the only think of is to have a tape recorder on hand when she is lying, and then when you hear her admit to someone else a contradictory statement to the lie, have the recorder on as well.

Or a hidden video camera. There are ones you can put in the ceiling that are as small as a pin head. At this point you need to do something to protect yourself. Treat this as you would as if you have a thief in your house, and you need protection - as horrible as that sounds.

I assume you have tried medication, etc?

aeroeng

Mom of Three
As an adult engineer with dyslexia I can guarantee that poor reading and spelling skills are not an indicator of IQ. There are many individuals with high IQs that can't read or spell. Learning disabilities can become significant sources for stress and frustration which frequently plays out as behavior issues. The International Dyslexic Association can provide more information. (http://www.interdys.org/).

That does not help with the issue of lying. My youngest son lies and then self punishes himself. Which I feel is almost worst then the lying. Because he becomes very down on himself. I also don't know what to do. I will try the picture journal.

lillians

lillians
i believe as i have been told that the low iq was due to the Fetal Alcohol Syndrome (FAS),, brain damage as it was explained to me