Life changes with a post on Facebook

KTMom91

Miss KT's boyfriend (the nice one) broke up with her this afternoon, posting it on Facebook rather than talking to her. I have no details, but I have to wonder what she'll do now. They hung out with his friends, since she doesn't really have any. She's hanging out with some people from their group tonight, hopefully they'll cheer her up instead of doing the "I told you so" thing.

She was doing so well...please send good thoughts that she's able to cope in a healthy way with this. I am so not looking forward to the raging maniac tearing through the house again, hating us all, and punching walls.

lmf64

maturity. that's all we ask. He was so immature to not even do it face to face and now her maturity level is at risk because of it. Please tell her that this board member says he's not worth it. He's not worth the energy she'd expell beating herself up (not to mention anything that gets in her way).

Star*

call 911........call 911
I second the toad comparison. And then..I walked out on the porch tonight to get a hose to fill up the tank? And there on the porch was Kt's boyfriend. I started to bend down to get him to go pick him up and put him out in the flower beds and just as I did this gigantic palmetto bug (otherwise known as a cockroach) darts by me and the toad slaps out his tongue and swallows it whole. I just stood there thinking - O.M. G. beeeeeyuk.

Yup - made me think of KT's facebook, breaking- up, slap-down, toad of a boyfriend. Yummm e. Then he hopped off bumping his little butt all over the place and I yelled out "I think your Facebook is THAT way." and DF looked at me like I had lost my mind....again."

Spoken like a true Board Auntie. :mad:

Fran

Former desparate mom
Awww, it's hard to be a teen. I know what you mean about not wanting to deal with the fall out.

DammitJanet

Gosh teenhood is harder these days. At least back in the old days you had to get dumped in person or over the phone.

That is just harsh.

Christy

That's really sad. Technology has made it easier for people to be cowardly and not face the hurt feelings they are inflicting on others.

So sorry for KT. I hope the blow is not too devastating and she bounces back quickly.

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Geesh, like janet said it used to be in person or by phone.
I remember thinking how horrible it was when a guy didn't have the nerve to tell you to your face and he actually called you on the phone!
Now it is texted or facebooked or myspaced etc...

Here we spend most of our lives trying to teach our kids HOW TO COMMUNICATE and stinking technology that is supposed to make it easier and better still somehow makes it worse for our kids. And I am sure for so many others.
I got a Facebook for him....

I hope she bucks up and realizes no toad should ever do this to anyone. Such an insult.

She gets a big cyber hug from me.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Sending hugs to KT and earplugs and Excedrine for you in case things start to tank around there.

Guys can be real bone heads sometimes. She deserves better.