Life is just getting to me.

N

Nomad

Do you have a system in place where you can take a tiny bit more medication for a few days, as needed? Do you have a counselor you like at this time that you can see for extra support? (I recall finding a good therapist hasn't been easy for a variety of reasons)

Just having a two year old around often is A LOT of work! That is a rough age...don't call it the terrible 2s for nothing!

[FONT=.HelveticaNeueUI] Try to keep busy and optimistic. Wishing you well...and a good day!!!![/FONT]

DammitJanet

I have been off the board for what...almost 48 hours? Maybe...lol. I spent that time buying on ebay. That is my therapy. husband cant yell at me because he is the one who got me started. He wanted a see and say and we couldnt find one in any of the stores so I went to ebay. Oh lordy!

scent of cedar

Hi :O)

EBay is good!

I used to pound pillows and scream into them. Or, pound on the sofa. Anything to get to that level where I could cry.

Then?

I would fix my makeup and go about my day.

Ahem.

Cedar

I really like the idea of throwing plates at a cement wall. Now, THAT was good thinking.

susiestar

Roll With It
'Around here the Habitat for Humanity ReStore sells plates for 10-25 cents each. Other thrift stores range from 25 cents to 1 dollar each.

As a kid I worked at a used bookstore. I would bring home boxes of books we had too many of or that didn't sell and when I was angry/upset I would shred them. I honestly think it was one of the things that kept me from killing gfgbro or seriously maiming him. It let me vent the worst of my anger and cool off so that I didn't do something to ruin the rest of my life. Given the fact that at age 12 I told him f he did/tried certain things ever again, I would kill him and happily spend my life in prison, it was needed to vent the worst of my anger somehow. For a few years I would hurt myself usually by using my fingernails to scratch myself bloody (cutting with a razor didn't occur to me) and then I decided that it taught gfgbro nothing and only hurt me so I needed to find another way. while I adore books, the used bookstore had shelved of boxes of books like Jaws (no one needs 100+ copies of that book today, lol) and old Harlequin romance novels, and I decided to shred them rather than myself.

Sometimes destruction can be a good way to vent. If you want REAL satisfaction from breaking things, try breaking corelle dishes. It is a challenge and really ups the satisfaction. Unless you are my husband's sister. for some reason she finds corelle dishes far more breakable than other dishes. Always has, even when they first came out and were advertised to be 'unbreakable'. Her first year of marriage they went through five sets of corelle plates because she dropped them or threw them. Her husband was shocked because he had tried to break them as a teen and then while they were in that first year. He once threw the same plate down four or five times and it bounced, but his wife threw it's mate and broke it the first time.

If that isn't satisfying you, try shooting an old tv. A friend had a bad divorce and took an old tv out into the woods and shot it. She said it was an amazing catharsis. A few years later another friend said the same thing. Of course the 2nd friend used the big screen tv her soon to be ex was coming to pick up the next morning. She wrapped up the pieces in a box and let him go ahead and pick it up. The divorce did not specify a working tv, just that he got the tv. Since he had gotten the tv for her birthday a few yrs before, the divorce judge ruled that she did not break any laws and was not in contempt of court. Judge was sick of the guy's games and had a hard time keeping a straight face as the lawyers were saying that she violated laws, court rulings, etc.... The father refused to allow their kids to have certain medical evaluations and also refused to allow them to see a therapist, so the judge was really angry with him by then.

DammitJanet

I dont think I would have the level of impulse control it would take to go find my stash of whatever to go throw them in the woods. We dont have any cement and even if we did I would worry about the dogs and the grandchildren.

Shooting the TV was hilarious. See, I have some bit of control. My daughter in law has broken so many cell phones and computers since they got married. I still have all but my first phone and the only reason I didnt keep that one was that it actually died and couldnt be fixed. I even have those really old bar phones from when T mobile was Suncom.

I have never broken my computers intentionally. I know I would have to buy a new one and I wasnt willing to go there. Now I did treat my last laptop a bit roughly and it is pretty messed up. I thought using your laptop in bed was the whole idea of having one. Evidently not. I just got a new one 2 months ago and I have it on a lap desk but Im looking for one of those trays they give you in the hospital to fit over the bed. That would be perfect for it because I sleep in a hospital bed and I could roll it in on the side of the bed next to the wall and just push it down to the foot area when not in use.

I should probably live in a cement house. That would break me...lol

susiestar

Roll With It
I don't have the impulse control to haul something out into the woods either. I do know that one friend took a large tarp of her ex's out with her and had the tv on that so she could haul the pieces out with her. I don't think she used a large tv. C, my friend who shot the large screen tv, took it out on an ATV so she could bring the pieces back to give to her soon to be ex.

I lack impulse control when I get really mad. I am tons better than I used to be, but that is not saying a lot. This is why I kept a stash of things that were safe to destroy. I recognized that I really needed an outlet that would not end up costing me a fortune or would land me in jail/prison. So I brought home books from work and got old dishes at thrift stores. Then it was not so much impulse control as guided destruction.