Linda this little bird made me think of you.

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
I caught2 of these guys feeding while we were walking around the wash near our house today. They have a beautiful call and are very fun to watch. They wag their tales and have a very frenzied flight when catching bugs...
The Vermillion Flycatcher...

Last edited:

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
I love birds. I don't know that much about them but have, in the past 5 or so years tried to learn more about the different ones wherever I have lived.
I think it is a calming thing, especially when K is not doing well.

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
toto,

Thank you so much for thinking of me.....is it alright if I print out these photos? I'd like to use them as a basis of a watercolor painting. They are beautiful photos....just what I needed to see tonight.

by the way, the best book (in my humble opinion) on bird watching is the Field Guide to the Birds of North America put out by the National Geographic Society.

I have a copy & purchased copies for both kt & wm who love birds & identifying them.

http://www.amazon.com/National-Geographic-Field-Guide-America/dp/0792274512

Again thank you & Merry Christmas. This was the perfect gift for me.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Toto those are AMAZING birds!

We are bird nuts here, too (chickens aside). I have a field guide book and a journal I try to write in all the names of the different birds we see in our back yard. Living next to a state park brings lots of interesting things our way. Last night, a great horned owl was in my neighbor's tree, calling out to whomever would reply (me :D)

Abbey

Spork Queen
Toto...those are finches. They are very common, but for their size very strong. They can handle the most extreme enviroments. There are dozens of 'varieties' so I'm not sure which kind that is as they interbreed a lot.

Very beautiful birds, and awesome shots!!!

If there is a painting involved, I'll swap you one of my naughty Grey's for the finished work.:tongue: Naw...I'd probably get in trouble over that. But, I'd LOVE to see the finished work.

Abbey

ThreeShadows

Quid me anxia?
OMG, Totoro! Thank you, thank you for this site! IT HAS BIRDSONGS! I was a birder for years (pre-chidren...) and I've been trying to identify calls here in MD. Wait 'til Spring!