Line from big bang theory

crazymama30

So difficult child is obsessed with wearing his seat belt. He finally got to where he will let me start the car before he is buckled. However, you may not move the car before he is buckled. Does not go over well.

In tonights episode, Sheldon was supposed to be taking the bus as his friend (sorry the name escapes me) was working nights.

He asked sheldon why he could not take the bus? Sheldon replied that there were no seat belts on the buds and the other people did not like him lashing himself to the seat.

Wow. That is so difficult child. It made me smile, I would have cracked up if I did not have a head ache.

CrazyinVA

Staff member
Actually my dad had a rule that the car didn't move until everyone's seatbelts were buckled (at least, once we got a car with seatbelts in the back .. I'm so old that I remember having a car with no seatbelts in the back seat!). I had the same rule with my kids, so this wouldn't be a big deal to me. But... Sheldon's a different story LOL. I love that show!

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Actually my dad had a rule that the car didn't move until everyone's seatbelts were buckled (at least, once we got a car with seatbelts in the back .. I'm so old that I remember having a car with no seatbelts in the back seat!). I had the same rule with my kids, so this wouldn't be a big deal to me. But... Sheldon's a different story LOL. I love that show!

I had to start doing this, too - for 2 reasons.

Early on, Jett would unbuckle his as we turned into the driveway. Having witnessed an accident as a child, where the driver turned into their driveway and then instead of hitting the brake, FLOORED the gas, this is major for me. A friend of mine (in the accident, front seat, BELTED IN) had minor injuries - the house and car were a mess - and the driver (not belted in) was in hospital for months. So, I started a controlled "sudden stop" whenever he would do this. The way my car is built, you must open the front doors before the back doors will open - so anyone in the back seat was stuck till whoever re-buckled their belt.

Then later, Onyxx decided to not wear her belt at all. As a result, I decided not to take her anywhere - because she's a minor, I'm an adult and I could be arrested for child endangerment. Nope, she got to wear a belt or she went nowhere. (And, yes, she tried taking it off surreptitiously... I have excellent hearing though.)

buddy

OH gosh, Q freaks if I start to back out of my under ground parking spot before I buckle up... he freaks if I move the car too if he is not buckled...

He tries to act tough but is a HUGE CHICKEN

InsaneCdn

husband is getting really frustrated with our new vehicle. He is FORCED to put it into park, in order for the back doors to open. And he can't put it back into drive until the doors are shut. Big deal? it is... because it has "automated" doors, and they take forever to open and to shut... so a 2-second drop-off becomes a 1-minute ordeal.

I don't even notice. It's how I would do it anyway...

Jody

I love Big Bang theory. I try to never miss it. Leonard was working on his experiment and couldn't take Sheldon, so he tried to tie himself in with a bungi cord. lol. He is a riot, I would love to meet him in person. Last nights episode was really good too. First time my difficult child watched and she laughed and laughed.

Steely

Love this show....he makes me laugh out loud. He makes difficult child-ness actually have a glimpse of humor....even my Matt likes it and laughs. Thank god these types of shows are starting to emerge, as I think it gives insight to the Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD) kid/person. In the Middle is my other fav. The little kid plays the perfect Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD) kid- and with a sweet humor to it.