Lisa I found this new yarn...so cool!

DammitJanet

Its called Red Hart Boutique Sashay and if I can make this project I am attempting, I will consider myself quite the crocheter!

This stuff is like 5 strands of thread but its a flat and connected together and if you pull it apart it is like hooked together. I learned to do the Solomon's knot today and I am going to try to make a vest for Keyana that has a tight double crochet top that comes down to about her mid chest area and then the solomon's knots in this new yarn that will hang to just past the tops of her jeans.

Its bright pink...lol. Go to Walmart and see what you think about this yarn. Do you think you could handle it? I got a huge hook to work with it. Do you do the solomon's knot? It is so cool!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Never heard of a Solomon's knot. So I did a quick look up..........ok, gotta say that looks so cool! I'll have to try it when I get back from my Mom's. I'll go to walmart and look to see if I can find that yarn too. So far ours doesn't seem to stock much if any of the specialty yarns. Maybe they don't sell well around here.

I've been trying to get used to working with the crochet thread instead of yarn because there is a huge variety of delicate things you can make with it. #10 thread makes me cuss......lol it's hard to see for me. But I did find some #3 thread that is working well, it's a bit thicker than the #10 so is easier for me to see. Just it isn't soft like the yarn.

But there are high top sneaker booties that are made with them with detail out the wazoo and I'd like to give them a shot at least once they're so cute.

DDD

Truthfully I can't even knot my shoelaces well. :panicsmiley: I either pull it too tight or not tight enough. Sad, lol. DDD

Star*

call 911........call 911
I'm with ddd.....I'm so proud of myself when I curled the ribbon on Addisons packages.....and was soooooooooooooo soooooooo tempted to send the STUNNING knit afghan that Mom2oddson sent her as my own little granny creation......but i did not......(lol.....such a stinker) It was truly a remarkable blanket ----and she LOVES it, and then the burping clothes? I thought--WELL i DID afterall give her credit for that afghan...I "could" say I sewed those.......(thought a minute and then .....sigh) gave her credit for those too.........

And I just got a picture today of her in the tyedye outfit Trinny sent her -OH MY GAWD.......Grammys little hippy.......

So I can't wait to see what you can knit.......because ------I k':backingout:nant

InsaneCdn

Starbie... since when are you entitled to every skill on the planet? I mean, really. YOU can drive an 18-wheeler, and I can't (and never will be able to). So what if I can knit a bit... I'd rather be DRIVING. Know what I mean?? So... smile and enjoy life like you usually do. And think about someday being able to tell all those interesting stories to your grandkid(s). Because you ARE a storyteller... and I'm NOT.

DammitJanet

I cant do this stuff well at all. I tear more yarn out than I actually get made into anything to wear or use...lol. I get about a quarter into something and figure out I have done something wrong and have to start over because I cant read patterns. And most things are for babies that you see and I am trying to make this vest for Keyana. So try figuring out how to change something that is made for a 3 month old into something made for a 6 year old! And hats...I swear they think that babies wear preemie sized hats! No. And then they also think that a baby hat is gonna fit a toddler. No there again, you might as well make an adult sized hat for them. Yarn really isnt that stretchy.

Star*

call 911........call 911
OH JANET!!!!! lol you ....tear out stitches and I tear out :919Mad::mcsmiley1:then I'll hop on my hog and ride baby ride.......vrrrrommmmmmm. I think that's fair. So come on Thelma - LETS ROLL!!!!!!!!! (lord what I would do for a ride or to be able to knit) hahaha. ANd Insane? I have quite a small sense of entitlement........but I love to learn. And anytime you want to learn how to drive an 18 wheeler I'll be glad to teach you. (BONKKKKKKKK HONKKKKKK)

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Janet, often increasing sizes from baby to toddler just involves a larger size hook and adding a few stitches in critical areas, like the neck, arm holes, and length of the main piece & arms. Now before I sound brilliant........I've done enough patterns that are for multiple sizes that I happened to catch on to how they were doing it. When the kids were small I bought pattern sizes that ranged from like say 2T to 4T and sizes 4-8 or higher. (because I have different age/size kids) It let me see how they were changing the pattern to make it larger or smaller. With infants, I'm lucky enough to have a newborn and about a 3 month size dolls here for Aubrey.........and if I question the size, I can put it onto the doll to see how it's going. When making them for my kids, they had to stand for fittings every once in a while. LOL

Starbie, you do things I wouldn't even think about doing, or dare to attempt. You're going to be the super cool grammie who can drive an 18 wheeler! At some point I'm going to become the boring Nana who knits/crochets those sweaters that get pushed back to the back of the closet......depending on the child. LOL

My Mom is utterly fascinated by my creative nature, just as she is by my musical knack (I play piano by ear, or used to I haven't touched one in ages), and my unusual ability to get plants to grow. (and a few other things I do) She swears that either I'm a fluke of nature or it all somehow came from my biodad's side.......which doesn't make sense either (except the musical thing) because none of them were that way either. None of her family is that way, none of my sibs are either.

I think it's just that I pay more attention to the details in life. That's the only way I know to explain it. While they're off chasing the big picture, I'm focused on the little things.

That, or I really am the "old soul" everyone always said I was........and I've some how done all these things in a past life. :rofl:

Star*

call 911........call 911
:puppet:"now BEFORE I sound brilliant?" :groan:ya wanna dumb that down for me a little there Einstein? -------ROFL. Give it up sister......if you talked to yourself in a corner you'd have an intelligent conversation. Eeeeeeeeeeesch.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Well, that works too Janet. :) If I make Aubrey or Oliver a sweater.......it will likely have to be done that way because they don't live in town.

I worried over the mittens/hats I made the kids last year for xmas until I just couldn't stand it and had Darrin try his on (telling him it was for someone else). Good thing I did because the hat needed adjusted a bit.

I'm tickled pink that I've found some of my old patterns for sweaters from when the kids were small. If I have time, I might try making them some sweaters this year. I also rediscovered that I have mother in law's old patterns. If I wanted to be uber nice, I could remake Katie's baby afgan for her. I have the pattern for it. But since she lost it by fibbing to me she lived somewhere she didn't when I sent it to her for Kayla as a baby.......I think I'll find someone else to make it for instead. It was a difficult pattern and mother in law said she cussed it all the way through. She worked hard on it. Peeved me off that due to Katie's lie it was lost forever when I'd saved it more than 20 yrs so she could give it to her first child. mother in law's patterns are OLD........some of them are awfully cool too, and back in style. Go figure. LOL

Star*

call 911........call 911
I'll bet I have a list of things Tony's mother didn't know how to do that YOU do........:bannedsmile::kidseyessmiley2:.......:sochildish: