Litter box tip

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by flutterbee, Aug 24, 2008.

1. flutterbee

flutterbee Guest

This was easy child's brilliant idea.

You know how the litter - especially urine soaked litter - sticks to the bottom of the litter pan and even though you scrape it out there is still residue? Last time easy child changed the litter boxes, he sprayed the bottom with Pam cooking spray before he put in the litter. Nothing stuck. Not a thing. It's so easy to scoop them. And much less residual odor left in the box when dumping the litter and putting in new.

I've had cats all my life and never thought of this. What a difference it makes.
  2. gcvmom

gcvmom Here we go again!

I'm gonna try it! Thanks for sharing that :)
  3. tiredmommy

tiredmommy Site Moderator

Good to know!
  4. meowbunny

meowbunny New Member

What a great idea! Thank you, D, we owe you one (the kitties and I). Wanna come to Florida and learn some driving tips (including how to do a controlled skid, a complete donut in a lane and a half and seriously burn rubber)?
  5. susiestar

susiestar Roll With It

Awesome idea!! We will have to do this later today - it is time to totally change the litter again.

Thanks for sharing!
  6. mrscatinthehat

mrscatinthehat Seussical

I will have to mention that when husband an easy child do the litter box next time.

7. Star*

Star* call 911

Pam for Cat Pancakes - QUICK market the idea -
  8. flutterbee

flutterbee Guest

MB - What are you trying to do do to me?!! :please:

He's done an uncontrolled skid and half a donut in two lanes, although not on purpose. Does that count?