Little shells, medication.shrimp..plus what???

DDD

I want to make a cold salad using shells, medium steamed shrimp and a mayo base. What should I add? Skinny celery (which easy child/difficult child hates), small diced onion?, diced olives?, maybe scallion ends diced? broccoli baby florets?

Any suggestions welcomed before the work day is over. I'm already hungry..lol. DDD

DammitJanet

Maybe make it a ranch type dressing, get the dry packet to mix with the mayo. Add some grape tomatoes cut in half, some peeled cukes chopped, a bit of bell pepper chopped. I also like to add some of that fake crab stuff but maybe with the shrimp you wouldnt need it.

susiestar

Roll With It
If you make a lot of cold salads and like ranch dressing, WalMart sells the 1 gallon size container of kraft ranch for a cheaper per ounce price than their house dressing in the bottles. I figured it out and even if we throw HALF of the gallon of ranch away we still save $$.

Thought I would throw it out there. I wash smaller dressing bottles and pour it into those. We put ranch on fries, any kind of potato really, pasta salads (add dressing when teh pasta is cold to use less dressing - saves $$ and calories). It is also good in mac and cheese, and in many other things.

DDD

Thank you...and you...and you...and you.

I have a carrot I can shred, I have a little cuke that can be diced and I have an egg to chop........yeah, team.

I didn't know about the Walmart ranch dressing. I'll check that out next
trip, too. Thanks family. DDD

Star*

call 911........call 911
Philadelphia cream cheese and little baby shrimp (canned) dip and a bag of bugles and my DF would love you forever.

I don't do sea food but when he makes it? They go crazy.....and it's simple.

DammitJanet

Star....you live in SC and dont do seafood? How on earth do you eat gal? NC and SC are the yummiest places on earth for seafood!

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
green onion, boiled eggs, dill weed, mustard & a sweet vegie; peas, carrot - you need a hint of sweet.

I'm late - but sounds good for tonight for dinner.

klmno

You have such an enlightening way of looking at things, Star! LOL!

I always say that I won't eat anything that is looking back at me.

susiestar

Roll With It
Heck, I just look at people and say I don't eat bugs. I consider anything with an exoskelatin a bug. I also don't eat things that swim, esp the bottom feeders. My grandparents took me to the docks to see the fish and shrimp boats come in. They thought is was so neat, look how fresh teh food is, etc... My bro thought it was so neat, and liked the taste. I thought the nets of shrimp looked like a big ole net full of bugs - and you could hear their shells clicking against each other.

Ick.

Anyway, I understand others like seafood, so I hope you enjoy it! (and I am sincere here, I really DO hope you enjoy your seafood treat!)