Little update on M and School

witzend

M called his dad yesterday and said that he is getting the paperwork needed from the Juvenile Court system (he had been going to the county court system before he told us how he was trying to deal with college) to prove he had been a ward of the court from the time he was 16.5 - 18. That makes him eligible for most any grant or loan.

For now he is also going forward with the Workforce Reinvestment Act through unemploymentto get money for his classes. Since he registered so late, he is in two online classes, and still waiting to hear if he can get in ligitimately to his third class. He says he is looking into a work-study thing, but his info on that is pretty vague, and it's more of a "look at places people work to see if that is what you want to do", from what I can tell.

He also says he has a roommate lined up for a new place - not with his girlfriend anymore. But for now, he is still wearing out his welcome there. I have no idea if he still has any of the furniture that he has accumulated over the past few years. I think he had a bed at some point, but I don't know. If necessary I will take him to some yard sales or get on Craigslist. Or get his dad to.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Sounds like M is making some real effort. Maybe this is going to be a good turning point for him. :D

As per the furniture....don't forget to get him to check freecycle and cheapcycle yahoo groups. LOTS of stuff on there.

Hugs

witzend

He and his dad talked again tonight. He is behind in his schoolwork because he is a late add to the classes and was unable to sign on to the web site and get assignment information. Apparently he got on this weekend, and is catching up.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Witz,

I don't know about M, but I can tell you that when Dude started doing it all by himself - checking with the school etc. mostly because I had just thrown my hands up and started the polite uh huhs...he has really stuck to going every day to adult GED. I kept asking myself what is so different, and DF said "Because HE had to do all the work this time." (slaps head) well wasn't he doing it all before says I? - Um no...not really.

SO it is my wish that since M is doing this all for himself this time and since you and husband have completely stayed out of it (bravo) he's finally seeing that he really has painted himself in a corner with his lies. I'm surprised you're taking him to any yard sales - but you're a good Mom. ;) A VERY GOOD MOM.

Don't buy any puppies. :tongue:

Hugs
Star

witzend

No way would I get him a puppy! I haven't taken him to a yard sale yet, but I would get him something to sleep on if he had to sleep on the floor. Not new, but used.